Chapter 10

Don't forget to review

****

There was an aching difference between sleeping on Earth's ground and sleeping on a metal floor. Clarke groaned as she sat up, feeling like she was waking up with a hangover. Her regrets felt like drunk decisions.

"Go back to sleep."

Clarke looked up at the bunker ceiling, willing away the naked body next to her.

"I'm going back to camp." Clarke started gathering her clothes, putting them on quickly.

Still laying on his makeshift bed, Finn rolled over and watched her with his puppy expression that only fed her annoyance. "I didn't take you as a 'hit and run' kind of girl," he tried to tease.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't do this." Really, she shouldn't have done it at all.

Emotions were high after watching Charlotte jump to her death and only ran higher when Monty's communication system fried all of the wristbands, leaving them and the Ark without hope. Finn had been an outlet; one she didn't want to use again.

"Fine." He stood up and got dressed as well, not bothering to make himself presentable. They left the bunker in silence.

Monroe spotted Finn and Clarke's return perched on the wall for night watch. "Well, well, well." Clarke looked up at the younger girl on the wall with a glare but spotted something up in the sky.

"No way," whispered Clarke. Shooting across the sky, was another, smaller, dropship.

The rest of those awake started shouting, calling for Clarke and Bellamy to come look. Clarke tore her eyes from the ship falling out of the sky, looking around for Bellamy. She spotted him exiting his tent, and she couldn't help her excited grin she sent towards him at knowing help was on its way.

He spotted her, at the camp's gateway, with Finn behind her, and didn't smile back. Her smile dropped when not one, but two hastily dressed girls exited behind him.

*

Bellamy jogged through the forest. He'd fought Clarke on going to the Pod right away, arguing that they had to wait for daylight in case of Grounders. She hadn't been happy and had been even more pissed when his girl of the night reentered his tent looking for her bra. At least she'd gotten Clarke to leave him alone about the Pod.

"Bellamy!" Or not.

Bellamy stopped and turned to see Clarke and his sister. "Why'd you say not until morning?" asked Clark.

"Because it isn't safe."

"You lied to us," accused O.

"You want what's in that pod," continued Clarke, crossing her arms.

"Go home." Bellamy stepped and pushed them both back angrily. O stumbled back but Clarke stepped away, now sandwiching him between them.

"You always want to play big brother, huh? Well, guess what, jokes on me. You're just a selfish dick."

"I did this for you!" Bellamy turned to look at Clarke then back to O. "Both of you. To protect you." He ran his hand through his hair. O and Clarke kept staring at him, seemingly unmoved by his unraveling. "If the Ark finds out we're alive, they'll come down. And when they do ... I'm dead."

Octavia looked confused, but when Bellamy looked at Clarke, she wasn't fazed. "Why were you in a guard uniform on the Dropship, Bellamy?"