3 // Motive

Tell me why I get this feeling,
That you really want to turn me on?
Tell me why I get this feeling,
That you really want to make me yours?

• • •

Wednesday morning.

As his alarm went off, Damien slowly pushed off his comforter and turned off the alarm on his phone. The loud ruckus caused by the small technological device was something he was used to hearing in the morning, but he still loathed it every time he heard it. It was the morning, and even though he had work at 7:00am, Damien always woke up in time to get there at 6:00am or earlier.

No, Damien wasn't a workaholic—at least he didn't think so—Damien just liked arriving early in the morning so he could get more work done and then didn't have to stay late in the afternoon. Many people didn't mind staying late at the office, and if he was honest with himself, Damien didn't mind it either. Damien just always had so much work to do in the office that if he didn't come in early in the day he would have to stay extremely late and would most likely be the last one to leave the office.

Damien would usually leave the office at around five, which was already late in comparison to his scheduled leave at 3:30pm, but if he forgot to wake up early, Damien would inevitably be leaving the building at around 7:00pm. Nobody asked him to work this hard, Mr. Hecox would actually practically have to kick him out of the office from time to time.

Maybe Damien was a sort of workaholic, he just liked making sure everything was done properly and completely before leaving the workplace.

Once people left at 3:15pm he would usually start pealing back layers of clothes anyway and he would be much more comfortable without a blazer and tie on. The day always started great, but the facade of professionalism would always inevitably peel away as people left the building.

Before work, however, Damien had to go through his morning routine. Damien always laid there on his bed staring at his ceiling for a short while, and this morning was no different. Damien liked to lie on his bed and collect his thoughts in the morning. His sheets were off to the side and his phone played some soft music as he lied on his bed in his boxer briefs and nothing else. This was his brief time of the day to do a sort of meditational thing before the chaos of the day truly bombarded him.

Even though he wanted to collect himself for the day like usual, all he could do is think about the events that happened last night in his living room, only a short couple steps away from where he currently found himself. Damien knew that the rest of his clothing was still messily thrown around the floor outside his bedroom door and at the front door. Picking up the clothes was something he didn't want to forget to do because his housekeeper would show up today, and Damien would prefer if she wouldn't think about why the clothes were there to begin with.

Last night was an absolute mess and what triggered it was such a romcom teenager move on his part. He couldn't lie though, his desire to repeat last nights events was growing by the second, but he knew that there was no time for that right now. Without missing another moment Damien got up from his bed and entered the shower. The shower was short and cold, but it allowed him to wake up and get his mind off of things.

Damien quickly dressed himself in his usual business attire for the office. He stepped out to his kitchen and turned on his kettle so that he could make some tea. He knew he would regret not making himself some coffee, but he also knew that tea is the slightly healthier option for him. Damien drank so much coffee a day and he knew it was getting out of hand, so he has been in the process of trying to drink different things—tea being the main substitute.