4 // Just Like Magic

Just like magic, I'm attractive.
I get everything I want cause I attract it.

• • •

Wednesday night.

Damien sat in his desk at home for a few minutes. He had been out of work for a while, but he sat in his home office trying to get some work done that he wasn't able to finish earlier today. During the work day he found himself constantly getting up and talking with Shayne. It started because he wanted to make sure that Shayne had everything he needed and had all his questions answered. Even though Damien could see that Shayne was doing a good job, it just gave Damien an easy excuse to talk to Shayne. However, Damien walked over to his assistant too many times and ended up wasting too much time—much more than he originally intended to in the morning.

The point of him getting an assistant was so that Damien would easily be able to take on much more work than he was previously in charge of. Before Shayne's start at the office, Damien was a quick worker and others often found it a very hard task to try and peal him away from his work station. Yet, without ever even trying, his new blond assistant did that without even trying. Damien spent more time staring at Shayne's fluffy spiked hair moving around, only barely visible over his computer monitor, than Damien looked at his own monitor.

Damien's home office was much smaller than his office at work and it made sense—he didn't necessarily need every amenity at home like he did at work. It was more intimate, but relaxing to be in. The warm yellow light of his desk lamp filled the room with a calm glow that helped keep Damien focused, but not stressed.

Though he lived in a more lux apartment than most, he definitely didn't have giant clear doors in his home office. And more disappointedly, Damien didn't have a hot guy he could stare at when he wanted to. To be fair, Damien assumed he would be even more distracted at home if that was the case because the two could easily find a much more intimate and private space to do some... extra work.

A small coffee cup sat at the upper left corner of his desk with some warm steam levitating from it and disappearing into the room's atmosphere. Damien smiled as he remembered the similar looking coffee cup that sat at his work desk in the same fashion. Shayne had seemed so embarrassed to admit that he had bought the coffee for Damien previously that morning, but Damien had found it very endearing.

The coffee that sat on his work desk was definitely a cold mess by the time Damien walked into his office, but he absolutely drank it all. It wasn't for the coffee itself, what mattered to Damien was that he bought it for him.

It felt crazy to Damien that he had actually secured a date with the new blond of the office. To be fair, Damien was used to getting anything he wanted. Damien was pretty attractive, was super smart, dressed well—anyone would be right to assume that he was very successful after meeting him. Damien's confidence was always soaring, but even so, when it came to relationships he often didn't try.

He got the cars, the nice living situations, the jobs, and basically everything else he desired, but Damien wasn't much for romantic connection. Of course, he tried it with people, but most wanted to just partake in sexual encounters and, honestly, Damien preferred that as well. Many people that Damien met often were people he quickly lost interest in after meeting with them in person. Something always threw him off when he got to meet people and so the logical solution both parties was to finish whatever dinner they were having, then simply have sex and ghost each other. Well, more of Damien ghosting and the other person getting the hint after a while.