denial

Shiho cooks breakfast for Shinichi, she's waiting for him to come downstairs to eat his breakfast. After 10 minutes of waiting, he went downstairs wearing his favorite suit.

"Good Morning." Shiho greeted.

She's sitting and drinking her coffee. Shinichi looks at her and smiled.

"Good Morning." He greeted back.

"Oh Shiho. Did you remember the files I was reading last week?" He asked.

"Yes... why?" She asked.

"I think I misplace it." He said.

"I think it was in your library wait for me here and lemme get it."

Shiho stands up and walks in the library's direction. Shinichi runs towards her room to get the hidden camera he places in her room. He went back to the dining area right away so she can't catch him. He sits down calmly as nothing happened. Shiho is finally back holding the files he was looking for.

"Here..." she places it on the table.

"Thank you Shiho but I think I don't need that now, can you please keep it somewhere?" He nervously smiled.

Shiho looks at him.

"Ok." She said.

Shinichi starts eating. While Shiho is drinking her coffee.

"By the way Shinichi I'm going somewhere but don't worry I'm with Heiji so I'm safe." She said.

"With Heiji? Just the two of you?" He asked while looking at her.

"Kaito is joining too. They needed me on a case." She said.

'Needed you on a case? But they can obviously solve it without you...' his thoughts.

"What time are you going home?" He asked.

"I haven't even go outside and that's what you want to know already?" She said.

"Those idiots should ask permission on me first before they take you somewhere for some case." He said.

She looks at him.

"You're my partner of course. They should ask permission to Sherlock before taking his Watson." He added.

"So what time are you coming home?" He asked again.

"7 PM." She simply said.

"Ok 7 pm. If you come home at 7:01 PM I'll find you." He said.

"You're my responsibility so I need to protect you." He said and smiled at her. He stands up and says goodbye to her.

Shinichi went to a mansion to deal with a case. He spends 1 hour investigating and solve the case right away. It's already lunchtime but instead of going to a restaurant, he went straight to their office to record a file about the case he solved. He sees Kaito sitting in his chair.