family photos

daisuga

It was a cold, cloudy, December morning at the art museum. Suga was currently attempting to get his little ball of chaos out of the car.

"Photographer said he'll be here in ten."

"Okay, have you seen Emi's shoes?"

"I wasn't even aware she took them off."

Suga ended up searching through the whole back row of his husband's car for the shoes, only to find them right beside the car seat.

"Oh thank god!" He exhaled, putting the shoes on his daughter.

"You found them? Where?"

"Right beside the seat! Where are we supposed to meet the photographer?"

"Around the modern art exhibit- but we have some time to kill." Daichi added, looking at his watch. "So what do you want to-"

"Ko-chan! 'M hungry!"

"Okay, let's go get some food. I thought she ate?" Suga asked.

"She did?"

"Well I see she gets her appetite from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Daichi gasped.

"Mura, you have the biggest appetite- ever."

"C'mon guys! Yer going too slow!" Emi exclaimed, shocking her parents with the sudden Kansai dialect.

"Yeah Koushi! You're going too slow!"

"Very mature Mura!" Suga exclaimed, speeding up.

Emi, with her short, two year old legs, was struggling to keep up with her dad and step- dad. Suga noticed this and picked her up on his back.

"Thank you Ko-chan!"

"No problem- you weigh the same as a feather!"

Emi let out a big, dramatic gasp, "Daddy! Ko-chan says I weigh a feather!"

"You do though. What do you want to eat?"

"A cheese!"

Daichi and Suga look at each other with the same confused look on their faces.

"A what?"

"Huh?"

"You know, it has bread, and melted cheese, a-and you can't let it burn!"

"You mean a grilled cheese sandwich?" Suga asked, trying to contain his laughter.

"Yeah- that! Can I get one?"

"And you called it a cheese?"

"Yeahh."

"Okay Emi-Emi, let's go get you a cheese!" Suga announced, walking to one of the cafeteria lines with the ball of chaos on his back still.

"Ko-chan, it's a grilled cheese sanwich!"

"Okay, let's go get you a grilled cheese sanwich."

Daichi looked at the image in front of him, and instantly fell in love- again. Seeing his new husband and daughter bonding always made him soft. He felt a buzz in his pocket, he pulled his phone out, only to see the photographer texting him that he's outside.

"He's outside, getting the equipment."

"Okay."

It took them about ten minutes to get to the exhibit because Emi wanted to look at (and touch) every piece of art. By the time they finally got there the photographer had already set up the cameras.

"Hey guys how've you been?"

"Been good, what about you Brandon?"

"Been going, and how have you been Emi, last time I saw you, you were only this big." Brandon exclaimed, crouching down to 'measure' her height.

"What?"

"The last time he saw you, you were a little baby."

"Oh." Emi nodded, causing the three adults to laugh.

"So I was thinking we could get one of Emi, one of you two, one of you and her, then you and her, and finally like one or two of you together."

"That works!"

"Yeah I like that." Suga agreed.

"Okay, so Emi I need you to stand over there and face me with your hand on your hip."

"Okay!"

"Now say cheese!"

"Cheesee!" She repeated, keeping a straight face.

"Emi-Emi! You gotta smile- okay? Ahh!"

"Ok Ko-chan!"

It took another ten minutes to get two nice pictures of Emi, because she kept moving and blinking.

"Ok Ko-chan and Daddy! It's your turn!"

Suga and Daichi just smiled at her and stood by the railing of the balcony.

"Hey you guys are standing under the - you gotta kiss now."

"What?"

"Yeah you gotta- just don't be yucky!" Their daughter called out, making a disgusted face.

Once again, they looked at her and smiled, only this time they turned to face each other after. Then they lean into each other, lips moving in sync, like they were made for each other. They had poured all of their feelings into the one little kiss. When they pulled away all they could do was stare into each other's eyes.

"Come on guys! I said don't be yucky!" Emi exclaimed from Brandon's back.

"Yeah guys!"

"I love you Koushi."

"I love you too, Sawamura."
———
a/n:
guys i'm soooo sorry it took so long for me to update this! i deadass just finished writing it.

this is also slightly based on a true story.

i'll try to get two haikyuu off da perc updates- but i might not- also sorry

but enjoy