2. Observation: The Storm

"Enjoy yourself, but be back in time if you don't want to walk to the winery by foot!"

Adelinde seemed like a rock to you - unwavering - she knew exactly what she wanted and let nobody stop her. She was friendly, had shown you around the estate, introduced you to everybody and treated you with kindness only, but you didn't doubt she would leave you behind if you took too long. You liked her.

"I will keep it in mind," you said. The head housemaid nodded, then left to take care of the groceries, so you decided to have a look around and started walking in a random direction.

The City of Mondstadt was warm and friendly, full of laughter and hard-working, proud people. The houses were built in a very different way from what you were used to, and adding to that view were the huge windmills that you could see from anywhere in the city. You started exploring. There was a lot to see - a girl named Amber had noticed your new face and had taken you for a small tour. It was no surprise it took you a few hours until you had sated your curiosity enough to finally feel how exhausted and hungry you were. Thus, following Amber's recommendation, you decided to get yourself a small bite to eat from 'Good Hunter', a restaurant you had found at the main square.

Sara, the owner, had kindly recommended you to try Mondstadt Hash Brown, and even offered you a small dessert for free when you told her that it was your first time here. Happily you had accepted, and now you were on your way to find a quiet place with a beautiful view to eat your meal. You found a bench quite far up the city, one that was far enough away from the tumult of ordinary life, that even let you see most of the city in all its glory. It made the food taste even better.

And again, you started to smile.

"If that isn't the girl that has been spying on me from the roof?"

Surprised, you faced the person that had startled you, not recognising the voice in the slightest. The first thing your eyes could gather was blue, clothes and hair different shades, but all a variety of the same colour. Interrupting your meal was the strange man that you had seen leaving Dawn Winery a few days prior. An unexpected encounter.

When your eyes met his, they captured you again. Now, being this close to the man, the strange effect he seemed to have on you was increased by quite a bit. The intense way he stared at you, half a smile on his lips and his eyes fixated on you, made your knees slightly weak and elicited a tingle in your stomach. This stranger was ridiculously handsome.

Then you realised that he had asked you a question, one you had already forgotten by this point.

"Excuse me?" you offered a nervous smile to ask him to repeat himself.

"So, why did you spy on me?" he asked again, this time with an even bigger grin. Your face flushed as you realised he was talking about you watching him from the roof, and embarrassment flooded you like a huge wave. You put your food away and stood up to be able to face him better.

"I'm really, really sorry for that, I wasn't spying, really! It was just a coincidence, and I was curious when I heard you exit, and-" you stammered an apology, but his chuckling cut you off. Somehow the sound resonated deep within you; it was a bright laugh, like a bell - inside it made you want to join in, but in the outside, the embarrassment if the situation just made you cheeks glow up even worse.

"You don't have to justify yourself, little miss. Since actually I was the one who was curious about you."

"Huh?" His statement took you by surprise, and the implication didn't leave you unfazed. Instead, your heartbeat quickened. He was interested in you? But he didn't even know you and has just seen you for a few moments!