Chapter eight: abandoned house

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Today we decided to do something fun.

All of us!

It was Sal, Larry, Ash, and even this guy Todd that they really wanted me to meet, and I.

I was told he was a part of the group as much as anyone else. He helped build their fun ghost hunting machines and he was smart as hell.

Apparently he's been living in the building for awhile now. Even when I was there. I was never one to make friends back then, but I'm so happy I could meet him now.

We all jumped into my car and got ourselves settled. The guy with the bright orange hair said hello kindly.

"Hi! Im sorry that we're meeting while I'm sitting in the front seat!" I turned myself around and smiled "I'm (Y/N)"

"Great to meet you, I've heard lots about you from everyone" he smiled and waved.

Sal sat in the front passenger seat, while Larry sat between Ash and Todd in the back.

I would've thought Ashley would've taken the middle but you never really know what to expect with Larry.

"Come on I'm so stoked!" Larry urged excitedly.

I rolled my eyes "everyone buckled?" I asked politely.

I got a "Yep!" In response from all of them.

We were going to go to an abandoned house that was a little bit away. We just wanted to explore end enjoy the moment. The roads looked so familiar and instantly I remembered the area. Sure my memory was a little rusty but so much starting coming back into my mind.

"I really really missed it here" I gave a half smile and sighed.

"How long will you be staying here, (Y/N)?" Todd probed.

"Uh, for the summer I believe!" I said trying my best not to sound too unsure. I really didn't know how long I'd be here and what I would be doing after.

"We're all gonna have so much fun while you're here!" Todd declared " I just know it!"

I looked in the mirror and smiled at him warmly and he smiled back.

Wow, I love him!

Larry soon insisted we put on his favorite songs by Sanity's Fall, making Sal and Larry headband wildly.

I rolled the windows down so we could all get some fresh air from the now stuffy atmosphere that the two created from moving so much.

The music was blasting and the wind was blowing, making me feel really really alive in this small insignificant time.

My hair whipped around making me giggle as Sal reached for the volume button, turning it up even louder.

This was good.

Soon enough, we pulled into the gravel path that led down the the home.

Everyone hopped out of the car excitedly when I put it in park, and Larry was jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Chill dude, it's just an old house!" I laughed and stood next to him.

"But this is exactly what I was made for!" Sneaking onto property, breaking in, vandalizing-"

"Larry, nobody said we were going to vandalize anything" Sal voiced, placing a hand on his shoulder

"Yeah, yeah" Larry shrugged it off and started walking down the path with his hands in his pockets.