running into mishaps

11:30 pm

You had just clocked off of work, and heading home. Home to your scraped, busted, creaked apartment. Rent was absurdly high, rolling a 1500 a month, for one bed, one bath, and a shared living room with a rat. His name was Johnnie, with an 'e'

You don't own a car or a bus ticket. Fresh out of college at 24 and pursuing a life-long dream of business and marketing. Most people would choose nursing or engineering, but you felt as if business was the best way.

When arrived at the front gate into your apartment, there is a note on the door saying :

RESIDENTS, PLEASE NOTE                                                                                                                                                  If you live in this apartment complex, the apartments will soon be closing. It will stay available until the last day of your current rent payment. Please contact this number: XXX-XXX-XXXX for more information.

- THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING

Looking down at your phone, your next rent payment would be at the end of this month. So you have one month to find a new apartment. You unlocked the door and went in, walking all the way up to your apartment room.

You did the usual, shower, ate, and got ready for bed. Looking around, you couldn't find your phone. Searching around, you finally spotted it inside your jacket pocket. You pulled it out, and so did a white card. It was a business card... You got curious.

You opened your laptop and searched 'Adams Industries'. About a million newspaper articles popped up, all speaking on their family's wealth.

One of them writes MOST WEALTHY FAMILY IN ALL OF SEATTLE... Adam's Family                               

Another one writes ADAM INDUSTRIES COMPANY HIRING...comes with benefits

Benefits? Like housing benefits? You dug deeper.

IN NEED OF PERSONAL ASSISTANTS > NOT MUCH EXPERIENCE REQUIRED                                               
HOUSING AND PERSONAL INQUIRIES COVERED                                                                                                      AUDITIONS AND MEETINGS FROM 11-5 pm on MONDAY-WEDNESDAY                                                      

"This is a pretty good deal, to just be an assistant? I've worked for costumer service for years" you thought to yourself

-

The next morning, you tried to dig up whatever you could from your closet. You called in sick to get the day off. After what felt like hours of gold mining, you found the perfect outfit. It was a silk cream blouse, with high-waisted pants. It was simple, but business.

You called a cap to get there. It was an easy 10 minutes, with traffic. You paid the driver and walked towards the doors. 2 tall men held the doors and looked like 1980 soldiers. They opened the door for you and you nodded at them.

Walking in, there was a large sign reading: AUDITIONS TO THE LEFT

You walked to your left, which led you to a meeting room. You looked through the window and noticed some people already in there... All of which were females. You opened the door to walk and checked the time. It was 10:55, right on time :)

You let out a relieved sigh and sat down on one of the chairs. You fixed your make up and clothes during the wait time. It was finally 11 am and the doors opened...

There he was. Tyler Adams, aka the guy that orders coffee at 11:00 pm. He walked through the doors very sternly, with his all-black tux and silken black hair. He examined the room, finally his eyes falling on yours. A little smile crept up at the corner of his mouth. Tyler walks over to the center chair and puts down his files.

"Good morning ladies, I saw some of you yesterday, so hello again... But I noticed some new faces today" he looks over to you, creating a light smirk.. "with lots of potential so don't be discouraged you didn't come yesterday"

"For all of you that don't know me, My name is Tyler Adams, and I am the CEO of this company. My father is the owner and we both thrive to keep this industry standing. My last assistant went through some personal difficulties so they had to quit...Leaving me here today, looking for a new assistant"

"Let's introduce ourselves to the newcomers, starting with you" he looks over to one of the girls on the side

"Hi everyone, my name's Emily. I'm 25 and I'm looking forward to seeing how this job goes"- she kept it short and simple

Tyler nods and looks over to you, "You are?"

"Hey everyone, my name's Sidney. I'm 24 and a common fact about me is that I hate people who order food right before a cafe closes" you mock, looking back at him

"Yeah, it gets annoying haha"- one girl laughs

"Well, what if that person works nights and really needs their coffee?" he questioned, challenging you

"Well, that person would have to understand that they are not the only person in 7 billion people who have to work. Rules are simple, if your order overextends the closing time, don't come" you smiled back, keeping your cool

"Well, but isn't everything that comes before the closing time considered an important customer?" he asks sarcastically

At the moment, you and Tyler were so engaged in this conversation and no realizing that every single person is staring at you too.

"Yes, but a smart and well-educated person would know that there is more than one coffee shop in this entire city. Even if it was an emergency and you needed to get back to work, you wouldn't have stopped for the coffee" you responded, you accidentally said 'you'

He stops for a second and drops his eyes straight into your eyes. You challenged him and did it right back. Now it's the literal eye on eyes... He finally looked up at everyone else.

"Auditions are closed," he says blankly and walks out the room. He stopped by one of his employees to whisper something on the way out.

"What?! We didn't even get to say anything?" one girl yelled out "Exactly?! We never even did anything, it was her!" another one pointed at you

"Ladies please exit the room, auditions are closed until further notice," the same employee says as he walks into the room.

"Way-to-go Sidney" one of them mocks

"I'm sorry, I didn't know--"

They all got up and left, giving you death glares as they did. You waited until all of them left to avoid the collision when leaving... Finally, you got up and was about to leave the room.

"Excuse me, Sidney correct? Mr.Adam's told me to keep you here until everyone was gone. He said he needed to talk to you separately" he spoke, reading his name tag, John.