running into tension

The next morning, you woke up and did the essentials. Today was the first official day of your new job, and you weren't sure if you were excited or scared. Maybe a little bit of both. Doing your makeup, hair, shoes, clothes, and then finally perfume. It was your mom's before she passed away. You always were it to special occasions to give you good luck.

Calling the cab, you started texting James. You told him you couldn't meet this Saturday because you had an emergency with your siblings. He then said you don't have siblings and soon said that he was busy too. He was just going to tell you later.

Horrible lie and you got caught. Oops :)

Once arrived at the tower, you were surprised to see a woman standing at the door with a few files in her hand. She seems professional, but her top was basically all buttoned-down, exposing her boobeys.

Paying for the cab, you walk out and did a little nod at her. She nods back and puts up a bright smile... her gums are really pink.

"Morning babe, Sidney right?" she asks, extending her hand for a handshake

"Sidney, you can call me Sid...You are?" you shook her hand

"I'm Maddison, Tyler's personal assistant" she announces proudly

Personal assistant? Isn't that what I applied for?... You looked at her confused.

"I know you applied to be an assistant too... He just likes the...company." she kinda harmonized the word

"That's...um... good to know" you respond, lightly smiling

"Well, I'm going to take you up to his office, he's in a meeting right now so don't worry" she winks at you and slowly begins to walk up the steps... You follow

weird.

Once arriving on the 13th floor, you catch him again. The guy you saw in the elevator yesterday. You shoot a small nod at him, but he justs curls the corner of his lips and walks away.

"He's really quiet when I'm around. I see him laughing and talking but when I walk in, he's silent" Maddison mentions, whispering in your ear

You shrug your shoulders and look down the hall... There his room is again. Big bold letters to make sure you read it. I mean he is the CEO, he gets bragging rights.

Walking inside his room, it was a bit nicer than before. I mean fewer girls means less drama. (I'm jk, or am I?)... Maddison places her folders down and walks towards his desk.

She points at the two back doors, "Those 2 rooms you can never walk into unless you have Tyler's permission. He likes his coffee black, and never talk back to him or he'll..." she pauses and bites her bottom lip.

mis keisha? Mis keisha? you were saying?

"He'll make you regret it" she smiles to herself, looking down.

"What, does he like spank you or something?" you laugh, being sarcastic

"I thought you were new here?" she lifts her head up and has a curious look on her face.

Huh?

"I was joking" you nervously say, trying to thing the awkwardness

"Oh... Anyway so... His meetings are all 45 minutes long so he likes a small snack after. Breakfast at 9, lunch at 1, and dinner at 8. He's pretty good with time so don't be late" she remarks as she picks up her papers

You nod

"So his next meeting will finish in 30, just try to find some snacks at the bar and bring it up. He's not allergic to anything so it's whatever choice. I'll see you around" she smiles and walks up

"Thanks," you say as you wave her out the door.

As she left, you place your purse down on the shelf and start wandering around. 30 minutes is a lot of fo time so it won't hurt to look.

Looking around, there are some paintings, some picture frames. It's mostly all you find at Ross of those far-away countries.

"It's from Ross, so don't be too invested" a voice comes from the door.

You snap your hand around and let out a little squeal. "Oh"

He had on a grey suit with some expensive brand shoe(idk, be creative). His hair was nicely cut and had a few strands on the side... which was A1.

"It's just me... Normally I would have you punished for not being on time with my snacks" he mentions, walking over to his table.

"I wasn't late, you were just early" you whispered

"Talking back I see? I assumed Maddison told you what that leads too?" he reminds, smirking up at you

"She told me" you quietly said back. You had no idea why you just got so silent. Was he intimidating you?

"And you still do it? Bad girl, you are." he slowly takes off the outer layer of his suit, leaving him with a collared undershirt and a tie. You can see how muscular he is when he takes it off.

"What?" you said, questioning why he called you that

He eyes you for a little, trailing up and down your body. Finally, up at your lips, he stops. He leans against the front of his table and glitches his fist on the ledge.

You tease him and bit your bottom lip. You wanna be intimidating? two can play that game.

He notices and looks back up to your eyes. You can see him dig deep into you as you start to feel awkward..."Get me a snack, would you?"

"Sure, any in mind?" you question, quickly moving from your spot... He follows you with his eyes

"Surprise me" he smirks, walking up towards you

"Don't be mad if I chose something you don't like" you joke, trying to reduce the tension... It's not working.

He slowly leans into your ear and slowly takes his hand to move some hair on your face. You can feel his cool breath on your face. "I only get mad if someone makes me mad"

-

Phewww what a chapter. I feel like I should have a posting schedule, I've been doing 2x a week rn. Lmk how you want it to be :)