Overblot (Leona)

The reader is 3 years old and a girl! A request made by @Milia_Chu

For those of you who don't like the sadder things, be warned this may be a little angsty at the start

-------------------------------------------------------------

She should have stayed with her brother, she should have remained under the watch of the guards, (y/n) shouldn't have come to the Savanaclaw Dorm Magift Stadium. Yet, here she was, hidden behind a pillar as she watched the hyena boy run to her uncle, soon followed by others. What was happening? It seemed serious. The poor child just wanted nothing more than to run to her uncle and hide from this scary feeling that started to bubble in the atmosphere. 

Being behind a pillar in the distance made it difficult to hear anything, all she heard was distant yelling. Even though she couldn't pick up the words she could tell her uncle was angry, that alone causing tears to prick the corner of her eyes and slowly slide down her face. Why was he mad? Did those people do something wrong? How could she fix this? All of these thoughts became to much for the 3 year old as she started to full on cry. 

Suddenly the air became dangerously dry and hard to breath in, causing her to choke and cough to catch what air she could get. When (y/n) turned her eyes to see if her uncle was okay she saw him hurting that hyena boy. Watching his unique magic crawl up the boys arm, it frightened her very much. Faintly being able to hear the other students trying to stop her uncles magic ability.  (y/n) wanted to help, wanted to stop him from doing something dangerous but her little body couldnt handle the sand in the air. She stumbled to her knees and coughed a few more times before noticing the air beginning to clear out. 

Her throat hurt, it hurt so much, her eyes felts dry and sore while she tried to rub away the feeling. This was all so much, too much for her little mind to take in. Especially, to take in all at once like this, surely the guards would be searching for her after all the chaos in  the stadium. But who was she kidding, Cheka was always going to be their first priority before her, he was future king after all. 

The girl shut her eyes tight and listened around her, hearing her uncle yell "How could any of you possibly understand!?" His voice made her look up and stare at him, but all she saw was a terrifying shadow looming over her uncle but giving a malicious aura towards the students. Once again she start to cry, this time accompanied with a whimper and soft sobbing. 'He needs you (y/n)' a small voice said in the back of her mind 'You need to save him' it adds as she wiped her tears away from her face. Both the voice in her head and her herself spoke "I need to save him!" 

None of the students even noticed the little girl this whole time. All so consumed by the fight to even see her slowly make her way to the Overblot dorm leader. Little (y/n) stumbled forward after tripping on the ground, scraping her knees. "Uncle Leona!!" She yells, almost demanding everyone's attention to her small injured form. Leona scowling and turning his head to the child, a moment flash of his eyes widening at the sight. He would never want to hurt his niece, but this deep anger was boiling so hot that he had practically no control over himself. 

Thankfully, before he could strike, the silver wolf, Jack, leapt in front of the girl, growling at Leona dangerously. This did take (y/n) by surprise, well the wolf did, she didn't even notice the harm aimed towards her. "Uncle Leona you have to stop!" She yelled, her small voice piercing the air, pleading with him. "Please! You're gonna get hurt!" (y/n) cried and pushed past Jack and running straight at her uncle. "Please go back to normal!" She yelled one last time before she tackled his legs in a tight hug. 

(Y/n) had no clue what she did, but a bright light grew and blinded her and her uncle, as well as everyone around them. For a few moments the world around them was silent, a dream peaking through into the girls mind.

~In (y/n)'s dream~

The little cub ran to her father with a big grin "Papa! Papa! I wanna play!" a ball in her hands while she bounced on her feet. Farena looks at his daughter and smiles sympathetically "Not now (y/n) maybe later." He grin fades to a small frown as she nodded, seeing past his words so easily. She knew that "maybe later" really meant "no" he must have been focused on Cheka at the moment. Walking away, (y/n)'s ears dropped, folding against the top of her head. 

Walking down the halls were even worse, she was only 3 and yet the people of the palace treated her like a nuisance, like she was only a bother to everyone around her. It was all so lonely, constantly in the shadow of her bright bubbly older brother. Don't get it wrong she loved Cheka, not blaming him for a single moment. But, it was hard to be his sister and constantly get judged for the small things. 

--

"(Y/n) your uncle Leona is here. Come say hi!" Her father called her. Oh yes, her favorite person in the world. Leona was like (Y/n)'s hero, the one true person who understood how lonely she felt. Quickly, she ran into the room faster than you could say "Mufasa". "Uncle Leona! You're really here!" "Hey, lion cub." He picked her up and pinched her cheek with a smirk on his face. "Owiiieeee that hurrrtsss" "Get stronger" "But i'm three!" "are you making excuses, lion cub?" 

The two usually bickered like that but (y/n) loved every second. Her favorite moments would be when they would "play" hide and seek with Cheka. Her uncle would find the best spots that could never be found, pulling her close and taking naps until one of the guards would inevitably find them. Sometimes, he would even tell her stories just to help her sleep. It's probably safe to say that (Y/n) and her uncle were almost inseparable when they were together. 

So what happened?

~End of Dream~

"(Y/n)..? (y/n), wake up, please, Lion cub." The dorm leader shook the girl awake, making her tiredly rub her eyes. "Did we fall asleep on the floor again...?" She mutters quietly. Leona sighs and frowns, "no, no we didn't come on... get up" He lifts her up into his arms, but instead of waking up she just set her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes once again "I...tired"  "I know you are..You used a lot of magic to save me, Lion cub." Those words peaked her interest and made her lift her head. Taking a moment to look around her, everything before her dream really had happened. Those students from before were there and they were watching, which made (y/n) really nervous. Hiding her head in Leona's shoulder again. 

With a sigh he looks at the others"Give us a moment, I'll meet you guys at the stadium." "You better-" Ace said only to get pulled along by Yuu who didn't want Leona to punch Ace. Leona pats (y/n) on the back "Hey...Are you okay?" (Y/n)'s tail flicked and her ears perked in attention "Yeah.." He sets her on the ground and kneels in front of her " I am so sorry...Im so sorry that I forgot to think of you too...I shouldn't have forgotten...that you and I were chased up the same tree of second place. I can't believe I almost hurt you."  It was so out of character to hear her uncle apologize in such a genuine and regretful way. She almost didnt know how to respond.

It especially caught her off guard when he pulled her into a tight hug and held her as if she was going to disappear any second now. "It's okay Uncle Leona" She hugs back and smiles brightly "I still love you!" (y/n) yells happily, making him sigh and picks her up. "Good, you better. Now...lets go kick some ass in the magift opening." "Yeah! Go kick some ass!" 

"If anyone asks, Ruggie taught you that word."
"Who's Ruggie?"
"Not important right now, just say it."

"Okay!"

-------------------------------------------------

I hope I lived up to what you wanted! This one is a little longer than my other stories and I'm a little happy with that!

I imagine Leona would let (Y/n) attach herself to him due to having felt the same feelings she's going through. So he'd want her to know that there's someone she can come to.

The blinding light was an activation of this (Y/n)'s unique magic which I'm going to call Lion's Pride, a purification and healing type of magic. But since she's three it too so much energy she passed out afterwards. 

Next is a Tarts and Roses Pt.2 request!