Chapter 4

(Art not mine!)

(Holly's POV)

I awoke, a cold sweat running down my back and arms.

It's okay, it was just a nightmare. You don't have to worry. I thought, taking a deep breath.

This wasn't the first time I've had a nightmare, but this one felt so... real. I freed my legs from my sheets and stumbled into my bathroom, still a little shaken up. I turned the faucet and splashed my face with the cool, refreshing water from the sink. I tightened the knob once more and stared at my small figure in the glass mirror that hung on the wall, in my trance I could've sworn I had seen something, before I could examine it closer however...

"Holly, dear are you awake?" My mother stood by the stairs, awaiting my arrival at the top step.

"Yes," I shouted to her "I'll be down in a minute, just let me get ready!"

I walked to the tub and loosened the knob to allow the hot water to flow, as I waited for the water to heat fully I brushed my teeth and washed my face, making sure I took care of quick necessities. I stripped myself of my night garments, and washed myself in the hot water of the tub.

I grabbed the towel on the counter and wrapped my torso, I grabbed the small hair dryer next to my face wash and started to blow my hair to its normal clean look. I stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed the bright blue dress on my bed. The dress was quite beautiful, it had long bell sleeves that go slightly over my wrists, matched with a short bell skirt that was cut slightly above my knee, the top had small buttons running down the side, and it was thick enough to where I wouldn't be cold in the morning weather. I pulled my white stockings over my legs and popped my small Mary Jane's on my feet.

I looked into the wall mirror leaning against my dresser and gave myself an approving smile, heading down the stairs to eat breakfast. The rest of the morning was normal, and we went along our way to the small park down the street; however, I still couldn't get that nightmare out of my brain, it stuck to the back of my mind. What if it was more than just a nightmare?

398 words, huge thanks to CanISsslytherin for helping me with the edits for this Chapter. I also made this during my English class so it is a little bit of a late publish but I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading Chapter 5 of The Circus, and if you have any criticism you'd like to give me, as long as you aren't rude please let me know. Have a good rest of your Day/Night