VIII

I planned on making this super short and then I added a flashback and now it isn't short, yay I guess? even tho this chapter isnt short, I still don't own hp or pjo *sighs in defeat*

Also, do y'all like the new cover, tell me in the comments ------->

Also note: Techna's nickname is pronounced Te-ck or the Tech in technology 

Feel free to tell me grammer/spelling mistakes so I can fix them!
You also get to learn new things about Techna. 

----------

Techna pov 

"Here we are," Techna exclaimed to Calypso.

The small shop was swelled with wands, rows, and rows of wands filled the shelves, and a spindly chair sat in the middle of the shop. Techna remembered the first time she had been here, it hadn't been to get her own wand, it was for her Ma, who had broken her wand after tripping over the edge of their carpet, Techna was glad she wasn't as clumsy as her Ma.

The whole shop was dusted with a faint layer of dust and dirt, each step made the dust that rested at their feet fly up in puffs.

Calypso sneezed.

"Bless you," a raspy voice called from behind one of the oak shelves, Techna and Calypso jumped.

An old man walked from behind the shelf, he had pale, almost white skin, various wrinkles expressed his age. His lean figure was obscured by a billowing black cloak, a pointed hat rested at the top of his head, few gray hairs unfurled from beneath it.

"Customers, I see," He turned to Techna, "Ahh, I remember you, Cedar, Unicorn Hair, 10 inches, unyielding, it was difficult to get for you wasn't it?"

"Alright Miss..."

"Nightshade," Calypso offered her fake last name.

"Well, Ms.Nightshade, which is your wand arm?"

"Umm, right?"

Ollivander drew a tape measure from his cloak pocket, he then proceeded to measure Calypso's various limbs. As Techna watched him, she felt a sense of nostalgia wash over her.

~flashback~

A Young twelve-year old Techna skipped excitedly, she was about to get her first wand. She would finally be able to do magic

She could hear her Ma and Mum's laughter as they watched her enthusiasm, "Techna, honey, could you please slow down we can't keep up,"

Techna slowed and looked over her shoulder, " Well, speak for yourself, I could totally keep up with Techna!" the spirited redhead, who was known as Laura said, running to Techna. Techna watched her Mum try to keep up with her Ma, the blonde fell back by a few feet, despite her former reputation as one of the beaters on the Slytherin quidditch team during her time at Hogwarts, she was not athletic.

"This is why you should accompany me on my morning walks," Laura called to Camila Rosa.

Bystanders turned to see who was shouting, but it didn't bother the Rosa family.

Techna giggled at her parents' antics before stopping in front of the small shop, these signs hung above the entrance read: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.

"Alright Tech, are you ready?" Techna's Ma had caught up, her Mum had also, but she was wheezing for air.

Techna pushed the door open, she found herself coughing from the prominent amount of dust that lingered in the air.