The Haze

(Hey I hope you enjoy this first chapter, my friend is literally gonna kill me for not updating my other shit but oh well, here we are! This is a Tanjiro x Zenitsu fanfic those themes will be all throughout this fanfic. Um yeah slight blood and gore warning too but yeah fuck Kaigaku I hate that hoe and byyyee!)

Zenitsu's POV

All I remember is red. Screams pierced my sensitive ears and I couldn't even tell if they were mine anymore, I dragged myself along the hardwood floor using all the strength I had left. Gramps...Kaigaku...where are you? Blood soaked through my clothes, the red streaks shone brightly on the walls, floor, and in a pitiful trail from my bedroom. I was plagued by the color red. My fingernails scraped against the floor trying to grip onto anything  to pull myself forward, my old blisters reopening as I went. It hurt so goddam much, I could feel my broken ribs poking my insides, my arms and legs weren't much better off. All I have to do is get help, I can make it outside. My arms scream in exhaustion as my fingers, now torn are bleeding onto the floor. It hurt so much I almost feel numb. I finally reach the door crying in relief, Outside. I'm so close. I crawl shakily onto the porch. I just need....to get help...... The snow bites at my fingers and bare skin as I try to continue moving. The snow was so cold against my body, I can feel my arms give out beneath me, falling into the snow. My legs are useless, pathetic and already long gone. I feel so cold. Quietly I laugh to myself my blood slowly turning the snow a vibrant crimson.

'Gramps...I'm so sorry'

'I really am a useless coward.'

I say as my vision fades into a deep red.

{3 Months Later} 

Tanjiro's POV

I got assigned on another mission with my sister. From what I could gather 2 people had gone missing from a close knit village. Not long after this disappearance many farmhouse animals like horses, chickens, even dogs have started mysteriously disappearing. The rat population in this area has also gone down. Nezuko and I questioned some villagers. Some claimed to hear strange noises coming from the peach orchard on top of the hill, others believed this was totally unnecessary because 'Those two often disappear for long periods of time without a trace.' I wasn't to sure about the whole ordeal one way or another. It just seemed so odd. Could this really be the work of demons, what happened to the people, where did they go, will we ever find them? I snapped out of my thoughts to a comforting pat on my shoulder. "Big brother we might as well the peach orchard, it is our only lead." I stand up from the rough ground and smile at Nezuko. "Besides maybe we can eat some peaches too, oh I hope they smell as heavenly as I remember!" She spoke with vigor. The reason we are even here in the first place was because my family and Nezuko alike both agreed that I was getting to stressed begin all cooped up in the house. Mother started becoming more sick with age, so as the oldest brother it was my job to attend to her and take on all her chores and daily tasks. With house sitting, daily chores, meals, attending to my mother and entertaining the children even I could admit I was a little exhausted. So I left my family in the care of Urokodaki my old Sensei with Lady Tamayo and Yushiro on the way I really hope she'll be alright. My mother insisted I go on this 'easy' mission to loosen up a little. "Well it's not going to get any brighter out, lets head up." I finally say giving a weak smile. With a newfound enthusiasm Nezuko grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the hill.

Authors note

Sorry about all the spelling errors and I hope you liked it. Next chapter will be Tanjiro and Nezuko finding Zenitsu. By the way Nezuko is a pillar a Sun (or fire) breath user, and Tanjiro refused to be a Pillar . He wanted to help people for the sake of helping them not to gain in return. See ya'll next chapter byeeeee!