Chapter 1: Just my luck 😒

Disclaimer : All the characters are from the animated show "Miraculous ladybug: tales of ladybug and Chat noir".

____________________________________

A new month. A new day. Marinette just had the most amazing dream ever. There wasn't any homework given yesterday and no akuma attacks either. So she had a good night sleep and surprisingly she actually woke up on time too. She was fresh and headed straight downstairs. To her suprise, she didn't trip down the stairs nor did she spill any milk while having breakfast. She kissed her mother goodbye and went straight to school. It definitely seems like an amazing day today.

When she reached school, Alya was already standing outside. She walked over to her.

"Wow. You're early. For the first time in forever you're actually right on time for something." Her best friend said.

"I know. It feels like such an amazing day today." She replied.

Suddenly a car parked outside of the school and Adrien stepped out.

Alya notices him and quickly turns to Marinette "Speaking of amazing days, look who's here."

Marinette tilted her head and spotted the blond boy. "Say no more Alya! Today is the day!" She said enthusiastically.

"You for real?"

"Yes. There's no perfect day than today. And that is all the motivational boost I need to talk to him."

She said while slightly pushing Alya to her left. She starts walking over to Adrien and kept on telling herself that she got this. All she has to do is walk over to him and confess.

But when she approaches to him, she starts to blush a little. She kept on reminding herself that she can do this.

Adrien noticed her and said "Hello Marinette. Nice day today, isn't it?"

But before she could answer, Chloe came running to Adrien yelling "Adrikens!" She kissed his cheek without paying attention to his annoyed reaction towards her.

"Adrikens. Don't forget after school we're going shopping to pick out what we'll wear on our date tomorrow."

And at that point, Marinette's heart sank. W--what? She thought.

"Y....you... you're dat- dating?" She asked nervously.

Adrien was about to answer but Chloe quickly responded "Ofc we are!" There was an awkward silence.

Suddenly the bell rang and Marinette quickly ran inside. Alya followed her.

"Girl, slow down!" She screamed through the corridor.

When Marinette finally stopped running Alya asked what happened.

"I'm too late. He's dating Chloe."

"Did he tell you that?"

"No. Chloe did."

Alya shook her head. "Girl, do you even know what day it is?"

"The day I get all my dreams crushed?" She said in a sad tone.

"No girl... It's-" Before she could finish, Marinette opened the classroom door and a bucket of water fell on her head.

She was completely wet. And tripped over the remaining water causing her to fall down. Alya helped her up.

"Thanks Alya."

Then Alya furiously turned to the class. "What's the meaning of this?" She said.

Kim was standing right next to the door. "Sorry. I meant for it to fall on Chloe. I didn't expect you to come at this time Marinette. I'm sorry."