Chapter 30: That Isn't Love

Badala, what are we doing now?" Saaya dared to finally ask once Tai had left.

Badala let out a heavy sigh. "We might as well continue the next part of our objective. Come on."

Everyone was still a little shaken up from their leader's outburst, but they obeyed without any hesitation, mostly out of fear that she would take out some leftover anger on them if they didn't listen. The rogues all padded away from their meeting place and began to travel to the canyons.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Azaad gazed at his reflection in the water, pondering deeply about all that had happened before. Ever since Kion had let in Badala's Pride to the Tree of Life, he had stopped coming around. Seeing them, knowing that they're still around, plotting Great Spirits knows what, it was like having all the trauma, all the pain, the nightmares he had experienced come to life, haunting him. I can't believe Kion did that... I can't believe they're alive, after all these years! And now they're here, in the Tree of Life, roaming around, here to continue torturing me and everyone else.... plotting something... something really bad...

Azaad sighed heavily. If I tried to tell them, they would probably just assume it's my fear of lions. Pfft, I have every right to fear them, we all should! They're nothing but savages, they tell nothing but lies! Especially Badala's lions...

Azaad then relaxed a little when a new thought came to his mind. But I guess I don't really have to worry that much anymore. Honestly, I could care less what would they would do to the Tree of Life, as long as I'm not a victim of their schemes.

Yet, he suddenly felt pain stab his heart. But Fuli... She doesn't know... She could be falling into their scheme. She could die!

He then snorted, suddenly feeling annoyed. Why should I care? We're not mates anymore, and she clearly doesn't understand why I need to protect her, nor does she share my desires for a family. She threw away everything I had planned for us. Our future, our cubs... our life... They're now all gone...  The cheetah felt sad and heartbroken all over again. Why, Fuli... You were everything to me, you were the only one I wanted... Why did you do this to me...? To us...?

He had a feeling Fuli knew, but he also knew she didn't know just how much he didn't enjoy working with the Daylight Guardians, which was a lot. He despised it, he hated it with every fiber of his being. It reminded him too much of his family's death, which was caused by the lions who used to be apart of the same team. His hatred towards this seemed to only grow worse ever since he and Fuli broke up. Yes, he hated the Daylight Guardians, but he only tagged along with them just so he can be with Fuli. She was the only good thing out of working with them, she was the only thing I loved about it. She was my only happiness, my only hope, the only one who made my days with the Guardians bright... She was my ray of light, the one who keeps my fire going... And now that we're through, everything's all hopeless...

He then grew mad again, I just don't get it... She always tells me that same excuse, that she's not ready. What does she mean she's not ready? She's perfectly ready! I think so, why doesn't she? This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to be put in this position, waiting for what seems like eternity at this point for Fuli to be "ready." She's my mate, she should share all my desires, not be against them.

The cheetah sighed. I thought she loved me... Well if she did, she would've agreed to leave with me so we can start our own family.

Azaad shook his head, sighing. Maybe someday she will, and maybe then I'll finally be able to convince her to agree with me. It still doesn't really seem like a good time at the moment. I haven't noticed that she and Rani were that close, boy, does she grieve...