Congratulations

I had spent the last forty five minutes hearing Tia complain about her college professor who kicked her out of class for being late. My iPhone felt warm against my cheek and my hand had pins and needles.

"So Zak's playing against Liam tomorrow." She told me. "Anything you would like to share about that?" I bit back a smile and looked in Lolas direction to make sure she wasn't paying attention.

"No." I replied a little too happily.

"So there's no news to tell?" She inquired again.

"Uhm... No, not that I can think of at the top of my head." I lied again, wondering how she could possibly know about Liams deal when I was the only one who knew besides his coaches.

"Then why are we driving down to Stanford tomorrow to surprise Liam after his game?"

"Wait, you are?" The shock was not lost in my voice.

"The whole gang! We couldn't not celebrate Liam getting signed, this is huge."

I smiled to myself, I felt so happy for Liam and extremely proud of him. My heart was bursting and over this last week I haven't been able to shake the goofy smile from my face.

"Liv, you still there?" Tia interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah, but I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

***

Reece did her makeup in a small vanity mirror and Lola rooted through Liams closet, holding his hoodies against her body and checking herself out in the mirror. I sat on his bed watching her.

"His clothes smell divine." Lola said, grabbing a different hoodie and trying it on. She didn't bother to hang the last one back up she just threw it on his bed.

"Why do you do your makeup like that?" I asked Reece who now had patches of red and black dotted around her face.

"It's war paint. A Stanford tradition, paint your face in the colours of the team you support. Here, you can use some." She passed me over the face paint and mimicked instructions with her fingers. I had fun painting dots in a Mexican wave around my eyes and lines on my cheek.

"Hello?" The door sprung open and in walked Jordan, Tia and Ben. "Fancy, we don't get shit like this in our dorm." Jordan pointed out. He pushed the pile of gathered hoodies onto the floor and bounced down on his bed. He bounced a few times testing out the firmness of the mattress.

"I'll wear this." Lola decided on one of Liams black hoodies and because she was so small it came down past her ass, so naturally she removed her pants and wore the hoodie as a dress. "Now gimme that war paint, I'm gonna support Zak's team."

I stood up to give the paint to Lola and Jordan lay down in Liams bed, making himself comfortable beneath the covers and taking my space. "So this is where the magic happens huh Olive?" He joked.

"What's this?" Tia asked holding his sketch pad in her hand. My eyes widened and I grabbed it from her before she could open it.

"It's his private property." I told her straight.

"Oooohhhhh is that where you keep all of your dirty pics?" They all teased. I just shook my head at their stupidity.

"Right come on, you've messed up this room too much already. Let's go to this game." Reece was the voice of reason.

We split up so Liam wouldn't notice them during his game. I sat with Lola and Reece but the others sat elsewhere. Jordan and Ben opted to support Zak's team with green and white war paint but Tia used red and black on her cheeks to support Liam.