Rimuru vs World

"A God?!"

Was what everyone had said in unison, and along with some gasps obviously.

Everyone had a look of surprise at first and not fully comprehending what Rimuru just said. But an instant later you could see excitement and joy written on every ones' faces after the news finally sunk into their heads.

"Kuahahaha so you've finally come to the decision! My dear friend I'm happy to see you've made this choice!"

Veldora was the first to express his thoughts to Rimuru's choice. He someone who was revered as a god by monsters and humans alike new the benefits of the title and was happy for his sworn brother's decision.

"Hehe, yeah I did!" Rimuru had smile on his face that he got another person's support to his decision. And like before they acted like they had been waiting for his choice.

After Veldora's booming voice quieted down you could hear the mumbles among the upper echelons of Tempest. You could make out some words from the mumbles like "A god!" or "finally he's decided!" and "I've been waiting for this moment!".

It was safe to say that if Rimuru had any doubts that no one would support him then he was a fool. Because he had everyone's full support to what he wished to do and again it seemed like they wanted him to make this decision for awhile now.

"Soooo uhhh do I have everyone's support?" Rimuru awkwardly asked the room of people.

"Of course you do!"

"We've been waiting for this moment for years now!"

"I'm excited with what's to come on the near future!"

And like that Rimuru's decision was final and fully acknowledged by everyone. The situation was quite similar to when he wanted to ascend into a demon lord just that now he's wanting to ascend into a god.

'I should've known that these people are a bit weird, haha I forgot that they would even support me if I wanted to destroy the world.' Rimuru had thought to himself and was happy with the people he's taken in to help his dream and ideologies become real.

"Ok everyone settle down please." With that everyone had stopped talking and all they're attention was now on Rimuru.

"So I plan and want to become a god but there are a few things that need to be done if I want to become one I believe. But first I wonder if anyone has any questions to why I've come to this decision?"

Rimuru looked at everyone while waiting for a response.

"Uhm why do you want to become a God Rimuru?" Gobta was the first to ask a question!

"Well Gobta-kun, the reason I want to become one is because I want to spread my ideology of peace and prosperity between humans and monsters and also keep this world at peace. I've realized that just having absolute power and bringing diplomacy doesn't bring peace absolutely nor fast enough. And so believe that if I bring religion it'll make people finally open their eyes."

"So I want everyone to come together under something to follow. Like how if everyone has a common goal they'll forget they're grudges and unite, I'm using the same principle."

'With this as an explanation it should be good enough for everyone to understand and make sense enough. I do want this but my other reason is to get out of the paper work of my office and live an unrestrained life away from responsibility, well atleast for a bit.'

Rimuru's speech gave everyone wide eyes as they looked at him, they were truly surprised and revered their master even more for his reasoning and logic. Since it was the same principle that Ruminas used that made her country and religion so strong and prosperous. The power of a god and religion trumped most things if not all!