Chapter 3

i apologize for the slow updates! i've had zero motivation to write more for this story recently, plus i've been dealing with a lot of stuff in real life. But don't worry, this story will be complete one day!

———————————————————————————

I hold my breath as I turn behind me, my eyes widened with shock and horror as I fear for the worst.

My breath hitches when I see Palm's body on the ground, oozing with blood and her insides pouring out from her chest. Her body was twitching for a while in shock from the sudden pain, until it finally stopped, and I felt my heart drop low in my stomach.

What...

Just...

Happened?

I look at my bloodied, sharp-nailed hand numbly, watching as Palm's blood dripped from my fingertips and onto the green grass, now stained with red.

I didn't... I didn't even...

I swallow nervously.

I-I didn't mean to!

I fall to my knees, and I stare at the dead body with nothing but utter horror. What the hell even happened?

I don't even remember doing anything...

I blink slowly as I piece together in my mind what exactly happened.

I was trying to figure out what to do when Palm challenged me... Then I started thinking about how much I would protect Gon with my life, and just how much I despise anything that would even dare to hurt Gon.

Oh. My feelings acted for me. It was... unconscious. But for some reason, I feel a little...

Relieved.

I swallow again as I feel my throat quickly becoming quenched from dehydration, then I take a deep breath.

I need to calm down... I can't tell anyone about this.

Gon...

Gon suddenly pops into my mind, and I only feel my heart sink further down into my stomach.

He'll be devastated.

***

I'm standing in the shower back at my hotel room, letting the hot water run down my pale, toned body. I sigh as I lay my forehead against the shower wall and hug myself, watching the blood trail down my body and collect into the drain. I grimace at the sight.

Disgusting... I'm turning into what my family wanted me to be. Dammit...

I end up crouching down and hugging my legs to my chest, my eyes relaxing enough for me to see my own longer eyelashes. I let the hot water rain down on my back so much that it begins to feel a little numb.

I properly disposed of the body, so Gon shouldn't be able to find it. At least not easily, I don't think. Let's just hope he isn't too hurt...

I grasp my calves with my hands.

Stop thinking about that, it'll only make me more miserable.

I then hear my phone ring and I widen my eyes, instantly sitting up.

What if that's Gon?!

I shake my hands to get rid of the excess water, hesitating a little before reaching my hand out of the shower, and grabbing my phone from the sink.