Chapter 4

———————————————————————————

Gon will leave you if you don't protect him.

Everyone is after him.

Everybody wants him for his or her own.

"If anything or anyone dares to make a wrong move on Gon Freecss, they must perish immediately by the course of death."

Kill them all.

"GAH!"

I wake up with a start, sitting up immediately with my eyes widened. I get a bit light-headed from the sudden movement, and I close my eyes as I think back to my dream.

Wait... what was my dream? Did I just forget it?

But it seemed important...

I frown a bit and rub my head.

"Killua! What's wrong?" Gon runs into our room, frantic and eyes widened.

"Huh? Oh, nothing... I think I had a bad dream, but I don't remember it." I look to Gon with confusion displayed on my face.

"Ah, you alright though?" Gon relaxes and smiles a little, walking towards me, which makes me blush and get all happy and gooey on the inside.

I just nod in response and hide my face from Gon so he doesn't see me smiling like an idiot. I love him so much...

He will be mine one day.

I widen my eyes once again at the thought. Why do I keep on having these intrusive thoughts? Gon isn't property, nonetheless of mine, the hell?

Because you love him.

I swallow nervously, trying to find a way to shut off these thoughts, but to no avail.

You'll do anything to protect Gon, right?

If anything gets in the way—

"Killua? Hellooooooo?"

I snap out of my thoughts thanks to Gon waving a hand in my face, now sitting at the edge of our bed rather close to me. I flinch and turn to him, trying to suppress the fear taking over my state of mind.

"Sorry..."

"Lost in thought?"

I nod.

"You've been 'lost in thought' a lot recently, is there something that's been on your mind?" Gon's expression turns to worry as he leans into me, and I stiffen, now beginning to sweat.

He's so close!

"I, uh..." I clear my throat and rub my forehead with the back of my hand.

"N-nothing, really. Just a bit more distracted, I guess." I rub the back of my head with my hand, smiling reassuringly at Gon. He doesn't look convinced.

Before he could say anything, I quickly tried to change the subject.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" I lay back on the bed and grab my phone, checking any potential notifications. There were none.

"Um..." I was thankful that Gon decided to drop the subject.

"I don't really have anything in mind... We could walk around town? There's not a whole lot to do." Gon shrugs.

"Yeah, we could do that if you want." I smile more at my friend and set my phone on my chest.

"But first, let's go get breakfast."