02 ▪︎Partner▪︎

✦ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ✦

______________________________________

Fʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏʟᴅ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ʟᴏɴɢ ғᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ
_________________________________________

Fʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏʟᴅ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ʟᴏɴɢ ғᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ_________________________________________

[Jimin's POV]

When my mother was a young adult she was a primary ballerina, the greatest ballerina Korea has ever seen. She was delicate and beautiful as a swan, always stood with a perfect posture, always on the tip of her toes, never failing to astonish the audience whenever she performed.

People all over the country came to seek her in every theatre she performed in, just to take a glance of the mademoiselle Park. Even her simple saunters were deemed to be most graceful and perfected, leaving countless men to languish for her attention and numerous women envious of her mere existence.

Little did they know that framing a prima ballerina did not take one day. It took years of brutal practice and dedication. Shedding actual blood, sweat, and tears, and I know this not only on words.

Before my parents died in a traumatic car accident when I was thirteen, she taught me the basic steps and trained me with all her dedication and heart.

Even after her death, I didn't stop working on my techniques and flexibility, to the point my feet were bruised and scarred from anchoring my whole body weight, but eventually, the hope that was the only source of my power and inspiration vanished, throwing me into a never-ending dark void that consumed everything, making it unbearable to continue dancing.

Because for me dancing is a sign. Dancing is a constant reminder that once upon a time I was a normal boy, with a normal life and a normal family, yet now, I was left feeling nothing. Empty. Nothing to subside this hollow soul that crept in the shadows, away from any other human life.

That's why when Mia dragged me to the School dancing hall, starting to change her shoes into ballet slippers, my heart can't help but skip a very unwanted beat.

"You dance?" She asks, looking at me from her crouched position.

I shake my head, panic seeping through me, "N-No, Mia, I don't dance."

She brings her eyes to me, as she finishes putting the slippers on, letting go of an irritated sigh through her nostrils as she mumbles something under her breath, "Liar."

My lips part, as I take the strawberry flavored lollipop out of my mouth, "huh?"

"You don't remember me, don't you, Park Jimin?" Mia questions, placing her hands on her hips, as I look at her closely trying to see anything familiar. Black short hair, sharp eyes, a small delicate nose, and full pink lips, she has a face as bright as a sun, a face filled with life and joy, but unfamiliar nonetheless. I shake my head in response.

"My full name is Maria Kim," she states gaping at me expectantly, the name doesn't ring any bell, as I shake my head again. "7th grade, Science special projects," she announces fully as I raise my eyebrows still not recalling anything, "we managed to make a solar system model out of bath bombs and rocks we found in front of your house. Still nothing?"

The gears of my brain start twisting, as I mentally go back in time.

7th grade....six years ago....

"Hey, partner!" I lift my head to meet a young girl, with blonde locks cascading down her shoulders as she holds up a grey rock for me to see, "do you think we can use this as Jupiter?"

I shake my head, letting go of a tired groan, dried leaves crunching under my feet as I approach her, "No, Mi, it's too small!"

My mind lands back in present, as I study the girl in front of me. I study her like a flower in an old diary long forgotten and the recognition hits me like a semi-truck as I let go of a surprised gasp. "Mi?"

She giggles, saluting me with her lollipop, "hey, there, partner!"

✦ᴠᴏᴛᴇ&ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ✦