06 ▪︎Mission ▪︎

___________________♕___________________

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴᴇɴᴛ
ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ.
_________________________________________

[Jimin's POV]

One month later...

The clock in the waiting room ticks, the moments of anxiety carefully measured into those tiny fragments of time. I slowly tie my ballet slippers around my leg. A jolt of adrenaline makes my breath hitch when the last participant leaves the waiting room, slamming the door shut.

"Do they still hurt, sweetie?" A soft feminine voice calls out as I lift my head to meet Mrs. Kim's concerned eyes.

I look down at the new ballet shoes on my feet, slightly grimacing at the memories of countless wounds these new shoes gave me. It's a gift from Mrs. Kim, a way of encouragement, a way of letting me know she'll be there for me. The thing she didn't know while buying me those is that it takes time, and a lot of training to make new shoes danceable.

That's why I spent the last month practicing all night and day.

My eyes disappear behind a genuine smile, as I shake my head, "no, Mrs. Kim, it's okay, they don't hurt anymore."

"Now, Jimin," Mrs. Kim squeezes my both shoulders making me stand up as she starts fixing my hair, "be polite with the juries, don't let your head fall, keep your back straight, smile, do-"

"Mom, don't you think you're scaring him even more?" Ria's voice echoes in the waiting room, as our eyes meet.

Her face is pale, unhealthily pale, just like the color of a moonbeam in a night sky, contradicting her dark eyes that shine like thousand stars.

I know, she hasn't been feeling well these days, often throwing up and not eating well, suffering from insomnia and nose bleedings that occurred too often to be normal. But she tries to hide it, to shield her pain away from the outside world, she tries to act strong. And she's succeeding. She would be a brilliant actress.

"Oh, forgive your stupid aunt," Mrs. Kim hits her forehead with her hand. She takes out her phone, extending it to Ria. "Come on, let's take a picture."

Ria smirks, extending her out, as the three of us look at the camera.

"Say lollipop!"

A laugh burst out of my mouth, as Mrs. Kim throws Ria a playful glare, frowning. While Ria smiles widely to the camera, a lollipop stuffed into her mouth.

And the camera immortalized this chaotic moment: me laughing, Mrs. Kim frowning, and Ria smiling brightly. A moment that one day will become a memory, a memory that I will cherish and treasure.