05 ▪︎Hope▪︎

✦ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ✦

_____________________________________

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ Sᴘʀɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

________________________________________

[Jimin's POV]

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously peeking at Ria's confident form, who leads us through the series of lively streets.

"Home."

I wrinkle my eyebrows, not comprehending her word, as we enter the quiet neighborhood with rows of two-story houses with similar architecture. She yanks my arm violently, pulling me behind her as she makes her way towards the door.

Ria knocks on the door, as I repeatedly glance from the white door to her unbothered form, feeling how nervousness is rising up my throat. Where did she bring me?

A moment later an elderly woman opens the door, a white apron hanging on her chest, her hands covered in flour. The woman's almond eyes momentarily brighten when they land on Ria's impassive face, as she smiles warmly, widening her flour-covered hands.

Ria walks towards the woman's warm embrace, "hi, mom."

Her mother's wrinkled eyes land on me as she pulls away from her daughter, and for a moment I think my heart is going to jump out of my chest. "Who is this lovely gentleman, sweetie?"

"Mom, this is Jimin, um....a friend."

The woman turns to me, her eyes glistening with charm and warmth as a buzzy feeling rushed through my veins. Stepping forward I bow, "it's nice to meet you. Mrs. Kim,"

I straighten, my fingers tightening around my school bag strap, as I look at the woman like a lost puppy, and my eyes widen even more when she does the last thing I've expected.

Pulls me into a hug. Her gentle yet at the same time strong arms wrap around me as I stand there frozen, startled by the sudden action. "Nice to meet you too, Jimin," she says, pulling away. "I'm happy this young lady is finally communicating with people." She complains, pointing at her daughter.

Ria scoffs, rolling her eyes, "let him inside, mom."

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear, come in," Mrs. Kim blurts out hurriedly, "you kids must be hungry, I'm..." she hums looking at her flour-covered hands, "but, guys, you have to wait I have to finish this," she raises her hands, pointing to the white powder, "first."