|03| Back To Hogwarts

Golden Trio Era

A couple walked towards the barrier on kings cross

A couple walked towards the barrier on kings cross. The woman, with olive-brown hair and a bright smile, was clutching the hand of a man with light brown hair speckled with grey. The man, with scars littering his face, had a bright smile matching the woman next to him. Remus was clutching a battered old trunk in his hand with "Professor Remus J Lupin" inscribed in peeling letters on the side.

They both walked through the wall onto the smoke-filled platform.

"Hey we got here early, it's still empty!" Olive turned to him and saw that he was staring at the train with a sad and hesitant look on his face. She tightened her grip on his hand and placed the other one on his cheek turning him to face her.

"Remus. You'll be fine."

He put a light smile on his face and replied,

"I know. It's not that, it's just......... memories."

Olive removed her hand from the side of his face and turned to look at the train as well.

"How about this." She said abruptly. "You go to Hogwarts on the train. And maybe you can sit in the old marauder's compartment? Bring back some memories of your expert pranking days?"

Remus breathed out a laugh and nodded not saying anything. The smile on Olive's face widened, and she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Perfect. I'll see you at the feast, love you."

"Love you too," Remus replied quietly as she walked away and he headed towards the train door.

He walked through the corridors almost on muscle memory, towards his old compartment. When he reached it, he was very glad to see that it was empty. He pulled out his wand and lifted his trunk up above the seats before sitting down on the seat and letting his mind wander.

His memory wandered back to his first day of Hogwarts. First, he never expected to get the letter due to his lycanthropy, and he didn't expect to make friends. So, when he arrived at the train station, his father giving him a hug and warning him to be careful and his mother kissing him on the forehead and doing the same.

He had walked on to the train full of excitement but mainly nerves, he figured that he would just find an empty compartment. However even though he had tried to drag his family out of the house early, they were all full. So panicking he picked the first one he could find. Which he regretted at first.

They had welcomed him in. The scrawny kid with sandy brown hair and scars. Later on, in the train ride, they welcomed the short and pudgy kid in as well. And they became a family. Wormtail, Moony, Padfoot and Prongs. Peter, Remus, Sirius and James. Or so he thought.

With his mind going over his first ride on the Hogwarts express he soon fell asleep.

————————————————————————