|06| The Feast

Golden Trio Era

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

As the sorting hat shouted out the name of its last student, both Harry and Hermione entered the Great Hall. Olive's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before her face relaxed as Dumbledore stood up from his chair to speak.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all and one of them is very serious, I think it best to get out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast....."

Dumbledore cleared his throat before continuing, "as you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, out school is presently playing the host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises - or even invisibility cloaks. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to our Prefects and new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs fowl of the Dementors."

"On a happier note," he continued, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year."
"Firstly, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to film our post of Defence Against The Dark Arts Teacher."
Remus stood up and did a short bow, as there was some scattered and unenthusiastic applause. Only Olive, the people from his compartment and a strangely familiar 4th year Slytherin clapped hard.

"As to our second new appointment,"Dumbledore continued. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures, has retired to spend more time with his reminding limbs. However, I am delighted to say his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching duties as long within his gamekeeping duties."

Thunderous applause filled the hall as Hagrid wiped his eyes on the tablecloth.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance," said Dumbledore. "Let the feast begin!"

Food and drink suddenly filled the tables and almost immediately the clatter of cutlery on plates started up. Remus smiled as Olive eagerly reached for the potatoes.

"Hey pass me some too," Olives head snapped towards him, frozen in the act of pilling food on her plate.

"Relax you can have them first just save some for everyone else." Olive opened her mouth to protest when she spotted the look on his face. Grumbling she placed the potatoes back on the table and reached for the meat.

"How did you do that?"

Remus turned to his left and saw the Arithmancy Professor, Septima Vector staring at him and Olive with wide eyes.