The Third Hunt

“.....Was that your sister?” I asked the man as he took the last furniture which was the coffee table. I only caught a glimpse of the girl.
"Uh, y-yeah." He answered.
"She was just tagging along."
"Why does she have red hair tho?"
"Oh that.... Yeah, people often ask us that kind of question. We came from different mothers." He said. He continued to go inside and placed the last piece of furniture.

"Ms. Hope, I just need your signature here and we're all set." He gave me a pen and a paper. I put my signature on it and gave it back to him.
"Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you again." He said. I smiled at him before he went inside the truck and drove away.
Before I could enter the gate, a feeling rushed through me. I looked around but saw no one watching me. Just the sight of the truck turning left. Leaving my sight.

It went like that for months. Clark and I got pretty close. he would sometimes treat me to lunch and would sometimes offer me a ride home. And a school isn't really a school if there's no mean girls in it.

I think their names were Olivia, Stacy, and Mia. They didn't do anything to me except give me a talking about how I always hang out with Clark, Chris and his brother Eric and Sam, and Jackson. I hang out with them, yes. But its not like I'm hanging out with them for fame. And Jackson and I hang out rarely. If not rarely, not at all. I mean he's always at Chris' place that sometimes I mistake him living there.

It was Friday and lunch time. I was with Lexi since we haven't hung out for a while now. We're both busy with our own things that we couldn't really catch up with each other.

“I really find it weird that you're hanging out with Chris and Clark. They're literally the star of this school! How did you even manage to get both of them?” I glared at Lexi because of the question.

“I don't get both of them Lexi. How many times do I have to tell you that Clark is my seatmate in our first and last class?!” I told her. She's been going on and on about it for ages and she keeps bothering me about it in our apartment. We sat at our usual spot with our tray of food.

“Have you seen Violet?” I asked Lexi.

“I haven't seen her today. I'll probably pay her a visit to her apartment tomorrow or on Sunday.”

“I didn't saw her last week. or the week before."

“She's probably busy with some stuff. you should come with me.” She said as we ate.

“I can't. I need to visit mom and Tyler this weekend.” I explained and drank my orange juice.

“I heard your brother has a girlfriend.” I spat my drink as soon as I heard the word girlfriend.

“He does?!” Lexi nodded at me.

“They've been going out for a month now.”

“I can't believe what I just heard.” How come Tyler never told me?

“Because you'll freak out.” Lexi said as if she read my mind.

“I'm not gonna freak out.” I said.

“You're already freaking out.” I groaned. After a while, Clark suddenly showed up, sitting in our table.

“What are you two talking about?” He asked.

“Nothing. What are you doing here?” Lexi answered.

“What? Can't I sit here?” I looked around and saw so many vacant tables. I turn my gaze back to Clark who is now giving us an innocent smile.

“You want something don't you?” I guessed.

“Maybe...” He said as he played with the apple on his hand.