The Fourth Hunt

“Chris?” I muttered. Then two man showed up. It was his brothers. Their eyes were also red. They were hissing and growling at the wolves.

“Mr. Hammock, keep close to Scarlett. Don't let any of them near her.” Chris said. Suddenly, another wolf showed up and went beside me.

“Mr. Hammock? The thirty-seven year old man who works at the book cafe?” I asked. Chris nodded at me before returning his attention to the wolves. He and his brothers were fighting them.

“He's a werewolf?” I unbelievably asked myself, eyes wide open with the current situation.

“Chris, Eric, get Scarlett to safety along with Hammock. I'll take care of this.” Sam said. They both nodded at him.

“Scarlett...” Chris muttered. He lifted me up and carried me.

“Mr. Hammock, our house. Now.” Eric told the werewolf beside me, who I suppose, is Mr. Hammock. The werewolf ran to the direction where their house is located.

And in just one second, Chris and I were already at his house. Then I felt the pain of my wound.

“Are you alright?”

“I- I am not alright! What is going on?!" I said.

“Chris, just let her forget this happened.” I looked at Eric unbelievably. What the Heck? Forget everything?

“What do you mean forget everything?! I'm not gonna let this pass! Not after what I just saw! I almost died and you expect me to just forget everything?!” I angrily said.

“Erick, that's the thing. I can't.” Chris said.
“What do you mean you can't? Of course you can. Hypnotize her.”

“Scarlett's a Belerophon...” Chris said.

“B-Belerophon?” Mr. Hammock then appeared at the door.

“I tried getting through her mind. I can't.” Chris explained.

“Can somebody explain to me what's going on?!” I told them.

“Who ar—” I paused.

“What are you?”
“Well, Chris, I think you'd better tell her now.” Eric said. Chris faced me.

“Scarlett.... We're a Vampire.” He said. I scoffed unbelievably.

“Vampires...” I said, nodding my head.
“So they're true...“ I said... Then I hissed as I felt another pain coming from my wound.
“I'll get first aid.” Mr. Hammock said.

“Yeah...” Eric answered me.

“And what's— What do you mean by I'm a Belerophon?” I asked.

“It's something every vampire wants. They'd do everything they could just to get you and have your blood.”

“Eric, You're scaring her.”

“Frankly speaking, she should be.” Eric said.

Mr. Hammock came back and started to treat my leg that was badly injured. I can't even stand properly.

“How come you can come out during the day?” I asked. From what I know, vampires burn in contact with the sunlight. Chris then showed me his little tattoo on his wrist.

“A friend of ours helped us. Spells and magics.” Spells and magics? Witchcraft? If vampires exist, then do witches exist too?

“And Mr. hammock is really a werewolf?” I asked. Mr. Hammock nodded at me.

“Yeah. I'm sorry about earlier. They're not part of my pack. And they aren't supposed to be here.” Mr. Hammock explained.

“Aah!” I said as I felt a sharp pain from what Mr. Hammock applied to my wound.