Chapter 2: Ethari and Callum

Ethari(POV)
I was fixing a door leading to the living area, I have been keeping my mind busy so I don't think of him....I would do anything to have my husband back. I don't feel his presents any more, it feels like when I was young and he would walk in and out of my shop 25 times a day (yes I kept count) but never stayed.
I was getting up from the floor when I heard a knock on my front door, at first I was surprised since I pretty much scared every elf in the grove to leave me be. I walk to the door and open it to my surprise it's Kev , he was a old friend of Raylas when they were younger, but drifted apart, "You need to come with me to the Storm Spire" Kev said with his very thick accent. "Why?" I asked not wanting to here that Rayla might of......gotten hurt, "Please Ethari you need to come with me" Kev said staring at Ethari straight into the eyes. "Ok, I'll come" I said getting my scarf from the hanger near the door.
We walk down the steps and to the moon strider and shadow paw, I get on the shadow paw and glanced at the pool there was two flowers, who's flower is floating next to Rayla's?, I thought to myself but I was to far away to see. Kev and I head to the forest to the Storm Spire.

Storm Spire
Lain, Tiadrin, Runaan, and Rayla were all eating in the lunch hall catching up to everything until- " RAYLA!!!!!!" Callum shouts from across the room, Rayla looks over and jumps up running "CALLUM!!" They both end up body slamming to the floor laughing, the three adults were concerned of who was this boy named Callum. Runaan looked a little closer he looks familiar Runaan thought to himself and then it hits " YOU ARE WITH A HUMAN?!?!" Runaan shouts as the par walk together over to the adults sitting together.
"Rayla, explain why your with this... this....dark mage" Lain said with a look of anger on his face. "He's not a dark mage, dad!" Rayla said looking at her father. "Um I'm not a dark mage, sir. I'm an Sky Mage like Ibis!" Callum said looking at Rayla standing next to him, " right" all three of them said looking at Rayla with a look she doesn't like. At that moment Callum did a lighting strike in the air above their heads "I'm not a dark mage, you might be thinking of Lord Viren? He was the one to steal the egg and killed the King. I'm Prince Callum of Katolis, step prince, and training to be a master of all primal sources!" Runaan, Tiadrin, and Lain looked up at Callum. "You mother is Queen Sarai?" Tiadrin said standing up, "yes she is.....she was the only real parent I had before my father.... passed when I was 4. King Harrow is my step dad but it's just not the same." Callum said trying not to turn around and leave.
"Would you like to see her?" Tiadrin asked the boy in front of her, "MUM!" Rayla said to her mother, who asked a question that is not promising. "No Rayla that's not what I meant, I asking if he would like to see his mother in the Frozen Hall." Tiadrin said to her daughter "you have her body here?" Callum asked with a little hope in his heart. "Yes" Tiadrin said taking Rayla and Callum with her.
(30 minutes later)
Tiadrin, Rayla, and Callum were walking the halls until they reached one with a bolted door that said "Frozen Hall". It was called frozen hall because when the Storm Spire was just a Frozen Spire, all that was inside was just ice, but all elves in Xadia wanted this to be the place of the King and Queen slept, so it was no more ice except the Frozen Hall because its ice is so thick that it would take years for the hall not be ice.
"This is the place! It's going to be cold, so here are the coats!" Tiadrin said handing Rayla and Callum a coat so they don't freeze. They walked in and Callum can already feel the cold hit his face. When the three of them walked he noticed the ice glowing a light blue to show all the body's in the frozen all. They had signs that said " lost their lives to do something right" all the elves and about two humans he saw all had that same sign, until he reached the one he wanted to see for a long time.......Queen Sarai.
Callum walked in front of Tiadrin and Rayla to look at his mother better. She looked the same her long braided hair was over her right shoulder, her hands were in front of her holding her sword, she had a little dirt on her but not much. Callum looked for the sign that all the others had on their walls, but he couldn't find it. "Where is her sign?" Callum asked Tiadrin, who is standing behind him, "We don't know what she died for, we just went to the boarder and she was laying down on the ground like she was left to die" Tiadrin replied to him looking a little sad. "She died to save our lands, our people and other kingdoms were starving and she didn't want her people or others to starve, she left me and my baby bother, we waited and waited and waited and she never came back.... the king had to tell me she died before I found out from someone else" Callum said not wanting to look back with tears in his eyes. "I'm so sorry Callum I don't know you a had to live with that" Rayla said walking up to him and giving him a hug. Callum hugged her back and put his face on her shoulder with tears rolling down his face.
(Another 30 minutes)
The three of them walked back to the Lunch Hall and were surprised by Ethari there. Tiadrin and Callum raced to give Ethari a hug, Lain, Tiadrin, Runaan, Callum, and Ethari were in a tight group hug. Ethari had a big smile on his face, he looked up and saw Rayla with a look of hesitation Ethari just opened an arm to her and she walked, walked faster, and ran to give him a hug. They all stayed like that for a while. After the hug everyone got a chance to go to their dorms for the night. Lain and Tiadrin returned to their old dorm, Runaan and Ethari in a guest dorm, and Callum and Rayla in their separate dorms.
Hey you guys so sorry for the long wait I was busy. I wanted to update yesterday but family. Thank you so much for reading and have a Late Merry Christmas wish! See you all tomorrow or Monday!
P.S. sorry if this is a little cheesy.