Chapter 21: Why Do You Feel That Way? Part 3

???: HATRED SHALL RULE!!!

Beast Boy: What is that?

Raven: Let's just say I have issues with my father.

Beast Boy and Raven look up at Y/N to see him panting and sweating unrealistically, slowly backing away from him.

Beast Boy: Y/N! What's wrong?

Y/N takes a few more steps back, still staring up at him.

Y/N: Get me outta here!

Y/N starts running back towards the Forbidden Door.

???: NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE!

He shoots an eye-beam only a few feet ahead of Y/N. Even at that distance, the beam still sends him flying back about 10 feet.
Beast Boy rushes up to him to see if he is ok. Raven looks back up at him as he shoots another eyebeam back down at her. She surrounds herself and the boys with a shield of her black aura.

Raven: (In Strained Voice) I... won't... let... this... happen!

???: (Evil Laugh) FOOLISH CHILD!

Y/N gets back up, with the help of Beast Boy, while holding his chest in pain.

Raven: (In Strained Voice) You guys... need to leave. Now!

Beast Boy: What! And leave you alone with whatever that thing is?!

Y/N: Beast Boy no! We have to leave. You don't understand what this could bring upon us!

Beast Boy: But-

Y/N: Please! If you were there when I- (Short Sharp Breathe)... We just need to leave.

Beast Boy then slowly nods and joins Y/N in running towards the Forbidden Door. Once the two boys reach the doorway, they look back at Raven who is struggling with all of her might to stop him from winning the battle.
She looks like she is about to collapse when her shield breaks and he shoots one final energy beam.

Raven: Go!

Raven uses telekinesis to try and push Y/N and Beast Boy back. Beast Boy moves back up all the way to the Forbidden Door, but Y/N does not move an inch and stays staring at the action, with a serious expression on his face.

Beast Boy: Y/N? I thought you said we gotta get outta here!

Y/N watches as Raven is still fighting him off, flying above his head level. She gets struck down by one of his eye-beams and gets knocked unconscious. He catches her in mid-air before she can leave his grasp. Y/N turns around and walks up to Beast Boy.

Y/N: Alright Beast Boy, listen. I need you to stay here just in case anything happens. I'm gonna fly up to scene, it's about time I did something useful in this place.

Beast Boy: But I thought you said-

Y/N: Yes I know what I said! But there's a greater chance of stuff going wrong if I don't take action now. Just... Follow my instructions, got it?

Beast Boy gives Y/N and affirmative nod. Y/N returns a nod back and flies up to the scene.

???: (To Raven) HATRED SHALL CONSUME YOU!

Y/N: Hey Red Head!

He turns around to see Y/N flying at his eye level.

???: You again? It appears that I wasn't finished destroying you yet!

Y/N: Don't count on doing it again! HI-YAH!

Y/N then shoots four of his white energy beams out of both of his eyes and arms to his face. He drops Raven in response to this and places his hands over his face in pain.

???: (Screams in Agony)

As Raven is falling, Y/N catches her and flies her down to the ground towards Beast Boy. Once he reaches the ground, he sets Raven down between him and Beast Boy. They both crouch down to see if she is okay.

Beast Boy: Hey Raven. Wake up, it's us.

Raven slowly opens her eyes and sits up smoothly.

Raven: Huh? Why did you guy's stay? Wouldn't you both rather go on without me than possibly be stuck here forever?

Beast Boy and Y/N look at each other gobsmacked and in total confusion.

Beast Boy: Are you kidding?

Y/N: You must have us confused with other people. If you think any of us would leave you, then your mind must be really falling apart.

Raven lets out an ever so slight laugh Y/N's comment and very steadily stands up. The two boys join her. Just as this happens, He finally stops screaming like a baby and approaches Raven and other two Titans.

???: FEEL MY FURY!

He lays another load of eye-beams on the Titans, but they luckily dodge them and hide behind a nearby cliff.

Raven: He's too powerful. Even the power of all of us combined I can't defeat him.

Y/N: Not necessarily...

Raven: What do you mean?

Beast Boy: Well, what about all those other you's? The green one really kicked butt!

Raven: It's no use. None of my traits have to the power to overthrow him.

Y/N: Don't think of them as your personality traits. Think of them as... you.

Raven: Well, they are me after all. They can surely do what I can do.

Y/N: Exactly. Now, me and Beast Boy are gonna step away before you do your thing, because... you know. Beast Boy, come on!

Y/N starts running down the cliffside to a safer distance. Beast Boy walks up to Raven and puts his hand on her shoulder.

Beast Boy: Listen Raven, I believe in you. I know that you can do this.

Raven blushes.

Raven: Thank you, Beast Boy.

Beast Boy joins Raven in blushing and they both smile passionately at each other.

Y/N: Hey Beast Boy! Are you coming?

Beast Boy: Yeah! (Turns to Raven) Good luck.

Beast Boy runs up to Y/N and joins him in walking down the cliff.

Y/N: I see you're going for it already.

Beast Boy: What? Oh shut up! It wasn't like that.

Y/N: (Chuckles) If you say so.

Beast Boy grunts in slight annoyance, as Y/N is silently laughing. They eventually find a place safe enough for them to not get to harmed by the action.
They see Raven as she does one of her rituals to summon her emoticlones.

Her eyes turn white as her and the emoticlones hover up in the air and spin around in a tornado-like fashion.
The tornado lets out a blinding explosion of white light, after of which clearing summons an 80-foot-tall, white-cloaked Raven.

Beast Boy: Do you think this is going to work?

Y/N: Knowing... him, I can't be sure.

White Raven: (Deep Demonic Voice) YOU'RE GOING BACK WHERE YOU BELONG!