4: Sonic the Hedgehog

Present Time

I had walked home from school. It had been seven more years since Dad left, I haven't seen him since I was four. I walked into the front door to be greeted by a letter on the back of the door once it had closed. Grabbing the letter I sat down and began to read.

'Sonic Chaos,
I have to stay late at work, dinner is in the fridge. It's your favorite. Enjoy, I love you!
-Mama'

I grinned she was so nice. I walked into the emerald decorated wall-papered kitchen and began getting my food ready. Untill I heard a knock at the door. I quickly put my food in the microwave and turned it to five minutes.

Then, I grabbed a hammer out of the tool cabinet under the sink-it was put there for easy access just in case our sink broke again-and slowly walked up to the door.

"W-Who is it?"

"Sonic? Is your mom home?" I heard a dark voice grumble. I gasped quietly,  who is this and how did they know my name?!

"Who is it?" I growled trying to sound like I over the age of eleven and trying to immediate him.

Without saying anything the guy opened the door, he was a black hedgehog with red strips in his quills. He bent down to my level and patted my head, "Is Rouge home?"

"Who are you?"  I asked terrified.

He sighed and picked me up; he walked over to couch with me in his arms, then he laid me on the couch softly.

"My name is Shadow, I'm a friend of your mom's. She called me here to babysit you, though I thought she would be here to tell me what I needed to do," he said.