5 // Flirt

This entry is from two weeks ago, but I didn't update, so here y'all are!

I rode Caspian 2.5 weeks ago. I don't know his age or breed, but he's the sweetest boy ever. Super playful, fun, and willing. He trips all the time which is adorable, and is totally a ladies man xD

He has a crush on the new horse at our barn, Dutchess. She's a draft mix or something, but super tall and gorgeous.

Anyway, Caspian also has a crush on Cadence, who happened to be in our lesson.

Long story short, he was trying to get close to her the entire lesson... 

It started when he was brought into the arena.

It was almost impossible to mount him without someone holding him. So my instructor, Kathryn, (remember that name: KATHRYN - INSTRUCTOR) held him while I was mounting him.

Then I brought him into the middle to do the stirrups. He kept moving towards Cadence, so I could barely do my stirrups. So Kathryn needed to hold him for me. Finally Cadence went onto the wall. Caspian followed her, and luckily I had done my stirrups.

Also, lucky me, Caspian was the lead today. So he wouldn't be seeing Cadence. 

He still snorted at her every now and again. So we started with out usual warm up - two point, trot, two point trot.

We trotted for some time, doing beat exercises, sitting trot and stirrup-less.

During stirrup-less, when I was taking my stirrups back, Caspian trips. As adorable as it is, it isn't that fun when you start sliding off his back. 

So there I am, being thrown onto his neck, sliding off. It was probably funny from the side, but very annoying from my perspective xD

Before I got a chance to fall, he trips again. This time, I was thrown back into the saddle. THANK YOU CASPIAN!!!!!!!!

Yeah, so that's that. I took my stirrups back, and we continued with the lesson. 

After everyone went individually on the wall, we cantered until we had 10 mins left in the lesson.

Cantering is 100% more exciting than trotting, but that lesson wasn't the most fun in regards to cantering :( XD

Anyway, we walked the horses out, then went into the middle to dismount.

And yes, Caspian did try to move to Cadence. AGAIN!!!...

So Kathryn had to hold him, again.... xD

Anyway, I dismounted, cuddled Caspian for a bit and-

WAIT!!!!

While was cuddling him, Caspian was sniffing me all over (sorry, Caspian, no treats) and took fascination in licking my gloves.

It was adorable!

Then the stable hand came, and my sister and I left.

And that's today's update! I hope y'all enjoyed it! My dad actually filmed the first 2 mins of my lesson, so I'll post the video's of me trotting as soon as he sends it to me!!!

I wish I could show you guys my canter, but it's colder where I live, so idk if my dad's gonna film again until it gets warmer :(

- Maia