Prologue: Snowstorm

(Y/N)'s POV:

Flashback

It was dark..stormy... Only a snowstorm was dominating the North Pole today. I was inside in one of the huts with my parents, trying their best to keep the fire warmth enough so we wouldn't freeze.

But I wasn't worried about that, I was worried of the other two people important to me. My childhood friends, Noatak and Tarrlok. They were out hunting, hours has passed since they left and I grew more worried by the seconds that passed.

"Mom.. will they come back..? My friends?" I said with cold noticeable in my voice, getting closer to them for warmth and wrapping myself with another blanket.

She looked at me with a soft expression, reassuring me with that look, but at the same time uncertain. "I'm not sure (Y/N), but I know their strong, they'll come back safe and sound.. what about if you try praying for the spirits to keep them safe?"
"Alright mom.."

I started walking to my bed, looking out of a small window and seeing the storm, only white and cloudy was all I could see. I started praying for the Ocean and Moon spirits, La and Tui, to make the ride back here safe. After I finished, I looked over to a small bag of mine and took out a betrothal necklace Noatak gave me before leaving at the storm. You slowly teared up, but cleared them quickly and kissed the small carved rock, hoping that their safe, especially Noatak.

Only if you knew that you were so wrong.
.
.
.

I suddenly woke up, panting heavily after that memory came back to me. I looked around, noticing I was still inside the boat me and my father took to deliver supplies from different nations. That stormy day happen when I was 12, and I'm currently 15 now. "Geez.. I need to stop thinking about that.."

You told yourself, standing up and stretching your back and shoulders. You suddenly felt small licks from your cheek and hands, feeling them numb up a bit. You looked at your new companion, a small shirshu we found in the earth kingdom who lost their mother. I took her in, and named her Momo, after the winged lemur of the previous Avatar that I've read stories about.

"I'm alright Momo, just try to not paralyze me, okay? But you're improving." You giggled as she kept licking your face, trying to comfort you and you gently hugged her back.

Suddenly, your father came in your room, seeming worried.
"Are you alright, (Y/N)? You haven't woken up in a while, so I was getting worried."

"I'm alright dad, don't worry about me. You know I can take care of myself."
He chuckled, leaving me but not before letting me know to get ready since were nearing the next stop.

3rd POV:

You wore a black long sleeved shirt, a light blue blouse on top of it and wrapped up some thick string around your waist and then tied it up together. (Y/N) grabbed a blue ribbon and wrapped it up on Momo's neck, gently and then carried her outside where her father was.
"Hi dad, when are we arriving at the South Pole?"
"Soon (Y/N), we just need to stop at one more city and in a few days we'll arrive there."

He pats her head and gave her a gentle smile, in which she smiled back and saw how Momo looked around the boat a bit, stoping on a small bag on top of a wooden box. "Ah, theirs my bag and.."
She looked though it, finding her usual stuff but then stumbled upon the betrothal necklace Noatak gave her. She took a deep breath, glad it didn't get lost and looked at it sadly. It has been a month since she left the North Pole and having to say goodbye to her mom and Tarrlok temporarily. Ever since that snowstorm, no one has been the same, everyone became so.. dull and sad. She also felt that way, but she put on a mask and tried cheering everyone up, lifting up their moods enough to at least smile again. (Y/N) sort of became the "older sibling" to Tarrlok after his brother disappeared or 'died'.

She sighs, standing up and looked around, feeling the nice cold breeze of the ocean. (Y/N) saw a city from far away. She tried getting a closer look then gasped.
"We're going to Republic City?!"
"Only to deliver some packages and supplies, (Y/N). We don't have time to explore the city, not yet anyways."

You groaned and looked at the big city. It was always your dream to visit it, and it so much different than being on snow 24/7.

"Just when everything gets excited I can't even visit the city fully? This sucks.. isn't that right Momo?"
You looked at your shirshu, who tilted its head in a cute way. You sighed and rolled your eyes.

"Let's just get this over with.."

———————

A/N: Hello everyone! Or if anyone is reading this, I've had this story in my mind for awhile and half of it in my notes, so I hope anyone enjoys it! If there's some plot holes I'm sorry. Tell me if you have any ideas or suggestions for next chapter!