Chapter Four: Strange Place

I looked at both Senna and her husband shocked, with my mouth open but quickly closed it.

"The.. Avatar? That seems a bit bold to assume that but.. congrats?" I said rather awkwardly. I mean, what was I supposed to do? Cheer? Stay quiet? It was amazing news but it's rather early to say this sort of stuff when she hasn't even walked or bender yet. "I don't mean to sound rude but.. what makes you say that she might be the Avatar?"

Senna looked a bit sad yet happy as she remembered it. "Well.. after Korra was born, we were overjoyed about it of course. But a day later they announced the death of Avatar Aang, which is obviously upsetting, but this made us think she might be it!" She said, but a nervous looked was replaced in her face. "But.. I can't help but worry for my little girl. I don't want her to get hurt so.. we're going to keep this secret between ourselves until she starts bending to know if it's true or not..so.. can I trust you?"

I looked at her, not knowing how to feel again, but slowly nodded. I gave her a reassuring smile but then remembered something.

"Ah— I have to leave! I'm so sorry for that but I have to help Ka— I mean, my grandma with some stuff, so.." I hurriedly grabbed all my stuff, then went over to the door and waved goodbye at them, they did the same and I left in a hurry.

It took me about a few minutes to arrive back, panting heavily and looking at where Katara is, in which she's feeding a few animals and I went over to her.
"H-heyy.. Katara.."

She looked a bit surprised but smiled, she probably didn't expect to me to arrive earlier than usual.

"Welcome back, (Y/N), are you ready to prepare dinner?" I nodded and she guided me to her kitchen inside the cabin, in which I saw Momo peacefully laying besides Kya. I waved at her and walked along side Katara.

——Timeskip to a few hours———

After dinner was done and we ate, I decided to call it a day and rest, not before someone knocked on my door. I went over and opened it, a White Lotus member greeting me and handing me a few letters. I looked at them confused but said thanks to him, then closed the door. The letters were from back home, where my family and Tarrlok was.

I went to my bedroom and impatiently opened one of the letters of Tarrlok, which had a small cute drawing of me and him, and a small letter attached to it. I carefully read it:

Dear (Y/N):

How have you been? It's been a few months since you left the North Pole and I miss you! It's been so depressing and boring without you. Sorry that I haven't written many letters, I've been busy helping my mom and stuff.. my dad hasn't been too productive lately. But anyway, how has everything been??? I heard you met master Katana? Or Katara? I don't remember too well. You know I don't keep up with that stuff. I just wanted to say that I hope your doing well!!!

From your best friend
Tarrlok :)

I chuckled at Tarrlok's childish behavior, he always knew how to put a smile on my face. Ah.. I guess I haven't been sending too many letters lately, I'll try to write him something soon. I hope his doing well.. ever since the incident happen, Tarrlok and his father haven't been feeling their usuals selfs. I read the other letters, just from my mom and dad, nothing special.

I sigh and lay down. Then thought to where can I go explore next after staying here for awhile, and if I should go back to that family with the supposed "Avatar Korra". That name sounds kinda cool.. but their probably overreacting a bit..

I shrugged and let out a deep sigh, then slowly closed my eyes and tried to rest for a bit. I felt how slowly the consciousness was taking over me, but suddenly I felt strong wind hit my face and I was suddenly in a very bright world..place.. dream??? Where the heck am I?!

I looked around, everything was so bright and big. Shiny and beautiful colors around the place, the sky was a neon green and their was some strange flowers on the ground. Wait.. is this the spirit world?! But— I thought only the Avatar can go in here? Or I'm i somehow connected to the spirits?? I shook my head, I was probably having some trippy ass dream. I started walking around, it all fell too.. real to be a dream. But sometimes dreams are like that, right?

I was suddenly grabbed by the arm by some small strange creature, although they looked like a cute fruit shaped.. spirit??

"Who are you? Your not the Avatar..Or are you here visiting? You have some weird energy.." the small spirit spoke. It sounded like a little girl and I slightly crouched down, confused and overwhelmed by the many questions.

"Believe me, I would like to know the answers as well.. I just fell asleep and ended up here, but it's probably just a dream, right? And I'm definitely not the Avatar, I was born when Avatar Aang was still around." I said while gently patting their head.. thing, but then repeated the words they said, 'weird energy? What does that mean?'

I took a deep breath and looked at the weird spirit thing. "Hey.. what do you mean by 'weird energy'? Is it bad?" They shakes their head and they started running away, so I decided to follow them. I hope this is really a dream and I'm not tripping because of something I ate.

"Hey! Wait up! You didn't answer me?!" I ran behind it and tripped suddenly by some veins, who suddenly grabbed me and the small spirit that I was chasing looked behind me. I couldn't tell what they were thinking, their face was quite simple and cartoonish. "U-uhh— C-Can you please help me??? Whats going on?!"

Soon more spirits arrived and everyone began mumbling something between themselves, the vines tightened around me, making me sit still. I let out an annoyed groan and they all looked at me. "What's going on? Did I do something wrong?! I'm sorry I came here okay? I don't know how I exactly got here but—"

"Silence human!" One of the spirits shushed me up, which was a weird dragon thing. It went around me, inspecting me and then slowly nodded. "I see, so your a bender.."

I looked shocked. Okay, now I'm definitely dreaming. What kind of weird shit did I put myself into??

"Actually, I'm not. I was born from nonbenders, and I'm sure my grandparents and the rest of my family have a few nonbe—" I got shut up by the looks of everyone, even the weird dragon thing glared at me. I glared at it back. "What are you guys talking about anyways? This is probably some trippy dream that I'm on.."

The dragon spirit thing sighs, then continued circling around me slowly.
"You are a bender.. but one that has been extinct for a generation. Last time we met one of your kind, they were the Avatar."

I looked at the dragon like he was crazy. I then let out a laugh, slightly tearing up as they all looked at me like I was crazy. "Pfft— no way! Non of my family members are airbenders! You guys are probably confusing my energy for something else! If I was a bender, I would've felt something, but an airbender?? You guys are crazy!"

"You're the crazy one for not noticing sooner. Probably one of your family members was a distant relative to an airbender and you probably don't know." My laugh died out quickly and frowned. I'm.. a bender? One of my ancestors was an airbender? But this doesn't make any sense! How isn't that my mom or dad knew?? We're they.. hiding it from me?

The spirit let out a sigh, then the vines slowly let go of me. "It's better if you leave now, you'll get your answers soon, just.. keep that in mind."

Suddenly, I was brought back to reality. I gasped heavily and looked around my room. What..? Was it really a dream?? Probably but.. maybe its true..? I'm..

An airbender?