Chapter Three: Baby Korra

Flashback

It was a cold, silent day. Well, every day was like that in the North Pole, but this days it seemed more.. sadder and lonelier. I let out a deep breath and walked outside to help my mom  with the clothes. Even if it isn't my thing, my mom still teach me on how to be a proper wife. She teached me the basics, how to cook, clean and be respectful and kind to anyone who needs help.

On the other hand, my father teaches me how to defend myself while my mother is busy and when we're "grabbing food".

But today was one of the days I'll be helping my mom out, and my father was busy helping some people in another neighboring town. I walked around after helping my mom, checking the house a bit further away from mine, where my friends would've usually be in but today it was.. silent.. only their mother there. She noticed me and waved.

"Hi.. uh.. I don't mean to be rude but—"
"Where's my husband and children? They went out hunting again, sweetie. My husband said it would be taking longer today though.."

She says and I slowly nodded. I let out a sigh and walk away from her home. Did she knew what was going on and was keeping me away from them? Has she noticed what was going on with her kids? Hasn't she noticed that they feel more.. apart?

Ugh whatever, I shouldn't think about it.. I'll just go back home I guess..

.
.
.
.

I woke up, the cold taking over as I gained consciousness. I groaned and looked around— wait a second, this isn't the boat? Oh right, I decided to stay in the South Pole for a while. I can't remember why but.. eh, I can't turn back now. I stood up and stretched my back, cracking up a bit. Ow, shit. That hurt, but anyways. I took a quick bath, washed my mouth, and finally changed out off my clothes to a more comfortable clothing, enough to warmth me up. I grabbed a leash and put it on Momo just in case, you can never be to sure with a 7 month shirshu going around causing chaos.

Anyways, I started walking out the small cabin I was staying at, which Katara offered to me. She said I would be helping her out today, and that I could leave Momo to her daughter, Kya.

"Okay but.. where should I wait for her..?"

I looked around the large and spacious area, looking at the White Lotus symbol on the walls. Oh right, I forgot to say that Katara lives inside and protected by the White Lotus, although she's able to leave on her own, theirs still some safety measures here and there. Especially since I'm a nonbender, they thought I couldn't fend for myself so they placed me here. Pft, Sokka and Suki fought and stopped a war while encountering multiple benders, and I can't? Whatevs.

"I see you're bright and early, (Y/N)." Master Katara says, in which I slightly bow in her presence and smiled. Momo went over to her and nuzzled her leg, in which Katara chuckled and looked at me. "And you too, Momo."

"Yeah.. I was going to take her for a walk but I now remember I was going to help you with.. whatever we're gonna do." I said rather awkwardly, slightly scratching my cheek. She smiled and guided me to leave Momo to Kya, in which she excitedly accepted and I told her a few tips before leaving with Master Katara. I was rather curious on where we're going.

"Soo.. Mas— I mean, Katara, we're are we going exactly?" I said as she instructed me on grabbing some bags filled with weapons and armor pieces, although they looked rather damaged.

"We're handing these broken pieces to my brother, he'll figure something out to use this things." I slightly choked on my breath. I was meeting Sokka?! Okay (Y/N), act chill.

"Neat."

Not that chill!

Katara chuckled at that, noticing my nervous expression and placed her glowed hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry hun, his not going to bite you or anything. He needs these stuff for something in Republic City."

"Ohh.. I see. Have you been there, Katara?"

"Well of course, my husband built it and I had to help him." I facepalmed. Stupid me, of course she went there.

"Although.. it's been years since I have gone there, and ever since the passing of Aang, it's been a bit hard to see my children. Kya is the only one who came here after my husbands death.." Her voice started to slowly fade, sounding sadder. I looked at her feeling pity but knowing how she feels. I went closer to her and gave her a side-hug, giving her a sad yet comforting smile.

"I.. sadly know how that feels. Probably not as deep as your relationship with Avatar Aang, but I know that your children still care about you, and the situation is still equally as hard for them to feel. So let's try and keep a positive attitude, hm?"

Katara gave you a smile, gently cleaning her tears away and nodded. Who thought I was going to comfort a legend? Feels quite nice... but then my mind wander off. I wonder how Noatak is.. it's been months. I hope his at least alive and well. Probably having a nice life, somewhere in the world.

Little did I know, I was close to that but he was doing something much.. darker.

Timeskip to a few hours..

After dropping everything to Chief Sokka and helping Katara with some other stuff, she gave me an important duty in dropping some food supply to a specific house further from here, to a family. I was confused but accepted anyways.

And here I was, looking at the note Katara left me with the names of who I'm looking for. I had a bag of food in my bag and walked over to a house, gently knocking and waiting patiently. I tapped my foot on the snow as I hummed a small tube and suddenly the door opened, revealing a man who looked a bit young.

"Ah— excuse me, but are you Tonraq? I came here to leave some food supplies you guys asked.."

He looked happy and let me in, introducing me to his wife, Senna and their two month old baby, Korra.

"Aww, she's adorable! You guys must be lucky to have her.."

"Indeed we are.. and.. we think Korra might be more special than we thought as well." Senna says as gently caresses her daughters hair. I looked at her confused.
"Why so..?"

She looked at her husband, then back at me with a small smile.

"We think she might be the Avatar."

——————————

A.N: hi everyone! Sorry for not posting for awhile, school had been kicking me but it's finally over! And I've like to ask you guys if you want a chapter dedicated to Noatak, kinda like Zuko and Korra.