CHAPTER 7

Gulf Marcus

EVERY Monday is my scheduled meeting with MG. I call him MG now, Sir MG to be exact. It is sort of a nickname since Sir Mew Gregory is kinda long.

"Sir, as of now, your book of accounts are all updated and audited. No anomalies as of this month."

"Thanks you. I really appreciate what you've done. If it wasn't for your talent, I might go bankrupt."

I chuckled. "As if you'd go that way Sir. The money that was stolen is a just a pinch from what you really earn monthly."

He laughed. And good heavens. His laugh is really adorable. It's been two weeks since I saw him as Nattarine. I tried to avoid him for the reason that, I want to know if my feelings for him is just for lust or what.

And I want him to think too.

Plus, I am preparing myself for the confession if that time comes. If he accepts me as Gulf, he really is sincere. And I will reciprocate the feelings more than just a like.

"Let's end the meeting for now. I'll see you next Monday for any updates.".

"I'll be here Sir. Thank you for today." I picked up my things and put in them in my bag, when the most embarrassing thing happen.

My tummy makes a rumbling sound! Dang!

My ears and face were all red when I looked at him.

He tries to keep a straight face but I can see a glint of laughter in his eyes. I apologized immediately. 

"I am so sorry Sir. I skipped breakfast earlier to prepare and arrive at our meeting time."

"It's fine. But please don't do that again. Breakfast is important. You should take it religiously."

I nod. But deep inside, I was screaming happily. He cares!

"Come. "

"Huh?"

" I said let's go. We're having lunch."

Do I heard him right? Lunch? Together?

"Hey Gulf! What are you doing there? Are you coming or not?"

"I-im coming Sir."

My clumsiness starts to due to too much nervousness. I clattered my things, it falls on the floor. When I was walking towards him, I tripped!

Oh no! Too much embarrassment in a day!

I felt a warm hand touching my shoulder helping me to stand up. When I look up, I saw him looking at me too. Intently. As if he notice something in my face that is familiar to him.

He help me up and pick up my things too.

"Are you okay? Why did you suddenly became clumsy?"

"I-its nothing S-sir. I just lost balance. That's it."

"Okay. Come on. I'm starving too.'

HE DROVE to a nearby Italian restaurant. The place looks simple and comfy. A lot of people are eating, maybe because it's lunch time. I was looking at at the menu handed to me by the server.

"I will have a pasta bolognese. How about you?"

I haven't decided on what to eat first, but I just ordered since I was shy enough to let him wait for me decide what to eat since he said he was starving.

" I'll have your fettuccine alfredo pasta, and a serving of Cesar salad please. Thank you."

The waiter was about to leave and turn when MG spoke. "Please add two glasses of white wine for the drinks. Thanks".

There was an awkward silence between us. I can't look at him straight face because he's been looking at me intently.

I can't stay till with the way he stares at me so I decided to break off the ice.

" Ahmm, thank you for inviting me to lunch Sir, you actually don't have to do this I'm comfortable eating at the firm".

"No worries, treat this as a thank you. Your works really help. By the way, how old are you Marcus?"

"I am 22 years old Sir."

"Too young. But very talented. Is your full name just Marcus?"

"No, it's Gulf Marcus Sir."  I confidently answered.

He was about to ask me something when the waiter arrives with the food. I immediately dig in because I'm really hungry.  It's better I devour my food that to think of the man in the other side of the table. Naughty thoughts are flooding in when I am with him.

I wonder how I refrain myself for two weeks though?

I was am busy munching my food when he ask me a question.

"Why do you dress like that?"

I stunned. Before when random people ask me this I just shrug my shoulder and never answer. But how would I answer him?

"I'm sorry, I think I offended you with that question. Don't answer me. It's okay."

"It's fine Sir, it's just that, I am more comfortable wearing this kind of outfit. It may may look bad for the others but I'm dressing according to how comfy I am than minding thier critiques about my fashion sense."

He smiled.

"I like the attitude. Keep it up. It will bring you more up because of that positive attitude."

"Thank you Sir. I'll keep that in mind."

We finished our food while talking about accounting stuffs and the like. He seems interested in the field and decided to take a  crash course on this.

I bid him my goodbye and wait for a cab when his car stopped in front of me.

"Hop on. I'll take you to the firm."

Oh no. I think it's going to be a long ride. I sighed.

---

AN: Hello. I'm back. I'm sorry for missing out this past few days. Workload was too much that made me not feel well. Here is a chapter for you. I hope you enjoy. ❤️