Kunigami x Reader Drabble

EVENT: 2020 Ficmas Day 2

WARNINGS: None ;))

CHARACTER: Kunigami

TYPE/PROMPT: Playing in the snow

REQUESTED BY: rensuke

WORD COUNT: 850

STATUS: Only on Wattpad for now

NOTES: I'm so so sorry this is so late! I'll try to also have our day 3 fic up within the next few hours but I'm a very slow writer so we'll see how that goes ToT,,, I really didn't do this prompt or Kuni justice I'm so sorry but I still hope you enjoy it! 

~~~

5:am. Today was one of the very few days in a year where you woke up earlier than Kunigami, but there was a reason for it, of course. It was a cold December morning, one in which you would usually love to sleep in until at least noon. The sun wasn't quite up yet and the street was still unbelievably silent. A soft yawn escaped your lips as your eyes snapped open at the sound of your alarm. Still very sleepy, you sat up on your bed in a daze for a couple more moments until you finally decided to check your phone.

5:am- the time read. For a split-second, you were confused as to why you were up so early in the morning, and you were moments away from falling right back asleep and drifting back into your covers, but it all came to you. Your eyes shot open and you were no longer sleepy. You rushed over to your window and slid open your curtains, only for your eyes to shine at the sight.

Snow. White, fluffy snow blanketing the streets and rooftops. The cold seeped in through the window, causing you to shiver a little, but the excitement was all you felt. Quickly, you changed into your warm winter clothes and ran over to Kunigami's place. You tip-toed into his place and into his room, careful not to wake anyone.

"Ren!" you said in a loud whisper. "Wake up!"

You get a sleepy hum in response as he rubs his eyes and sits up. "(Y/n)?? Why are you here? And what time is it?"

"5:15 or so!" you whisper happily as you walk over to his window to slide open the curtains. "Get changed, we're going outside!"

He peers out the window and a little smile curves up on his face. Ever since it's started actually snowing this year, he knew this day was going to come sooner or later, just like it does every year. One of the very few days in which you wake up before him, just to play in the snow. He'd pretend to not be interested but in reality, he was a little afraid that one year you'd suddenly decide that you're finally too old to play in the snow and not show up. He cherished this day and looked forward to it, every single year.

"Okay, give me a sec, I'll bundle up and we can go out," he said and got himself ready. You left your place in quite a hurry so you weren't fully bundled up so you took the time to put on your mittens and completely zip up your coat.

A surprised gasp left your lips and Kunigami immediately questioned what was wrong.

"Your hat?"

"Yeah, I think I forgot my hat at home," you whined. "Maybe I'll run home and get it..."

"Why go all the way home? Just use one of mine."

"Ren, yours are huge," you said. "Don't worry I'll be—"

"Oh, I know!" he said and quietly brought you a cute hat with a pompom on the top. "My sister's."

"Will she mind?"

"Probably not."

"I'll have to thank her later," you said as you put it on.

"Okay, let's go then," he said and you nodded in response as the two of you carefully left the house, trying your best to not wake anyone up.

The door swung open and a gush of cold air filled the room making you immediately regret this whole idea, but as soon as you saw the blanket of white, untouched, snow, everything became worth it again. You looked back at Kunigami, only to see that he looked just as excited about the snow and the two of you laughed at each other. Closing the door behind you, you started to walk right through the middle of the white fluff.

You started to giggle a little as you stepped into the blanket of white fluff, destroying the untouched satisfaction it previously gave.

Without any warning, you took a handful of snow in your hands and made a snowball to throw at Kunigami.

"Let's play, let's play," you said with a smile as you threw some more snowballs at him. The snow was everything about winter to you. Winter without the snow had no meaning, none at all.

After playing for a little while longer, the sun had started to rise little by little and the roads were getting busier.

You looked up at Kunigami as you laid in the snow, he was brushing some snow off of him and out of nowhere you decided to ask something you've been a little worried about. "Are you bored?" you asked so softly, you weren't even sure if he could hear you.

He looked down at you and crouched down without a single change in expression, scaring you a little but as soon as you saw that sweet smile you love so very much, all of your worries washed away.

He took off his gloves and brushed off the snow on your face. "Not at all," he said pressing a kiss on your forehead and a giggle to left your lips, winter was here again.