Bachira x Reader Drabble

EVENT: 2020 Ficmas Day 9

WARNINGS: None ;))

CHARACTERS: Bachira

TYPE/PROMPT: Snowball fight with Bachira

REQUESTED BY: cloudimistic

WORD COUNT: 700

STATUS: Only on Wattpad for now

NOTES: I've decided to merge two requests because they fit nicely together, so this is part 1. I'll be posting part 2 next so please keep an eye out for it!

~~~

Snowball fights were probably one of the things in life that stop after a while. One winter you'd see a few kids having a snowball fight and you'd notice that snowball fights were something you no longer did. But your little snowball fights with Bachira never ended. There was an order to this; the first snow day was always a snowball fight which was followed by a snowman the next snow day and finally an attempt of a snow igloo on the third major snow day, but the first one was by far the most important. No matter how cold it was, no matter how deep the snow was, the first major snow day was always a snowball fight. It was the start of another winter. One where the two of you together were constantly cold and constantly sick, and although you were never able to feel your feet or fingers and your ears were always throbbing from the cold, the smile Bachira gave you when you play with him warms you up from the deepest part of your heart.

As the days started to get colder and little by little you start complaining about how much you hate the cold or how winter sucks, you secretly look forward to the first snow day.

Checking the weather started to become something important as you got more and more excited for a snow day to the point where it was kind of obvious that no one in the world probably wanted that snow day as much as you did.

Oh, except for Bachira.

No matter how many winters you spend together, you'd never be able to be more excited about the snow than he would be, mainly because you were only excited about the idea of playing with Bachira in the snow whereas Bachira was excited about both the snow and playing with you.

Basically, he had one extra thing to be excited about.

The days were going by and it was getting rather late in the month to not yet have a single major snow day and you were getting rather impatient. All until Christmas Eve, you woke up only to see your street be covered in snow without any warning whatsoever and you almost screamed, you'd been waiting for this day for a little too long.

Thankfully it was a Saturday and there was no school so you changed out of your pyjamas and into your regular clothes and bundled up as quickly as possible and took out your phone to call Bachira as you left the door, only to see him already there.

"You're finally up!" he looked at you and pouted.

"You should've woke me up!!" you said but both of you were far too happy to worry about minor details.

A snowball hit the top of your head and you couldn't help but smile. You threw back a snowball and the two of you did that. That alone, for at least an hour. Yes, you basically had the time of your lives throwing snow at each other for an hour.

And as awkward and unromantic that sounds, you cherished it so much, so so much. It reminded you of when you were little, back when things weren't nearly as complicated as they are when you're older. You knew very well that there was going to be a time when the two of you are going to stop having snowball fights and so while you still had them, you decided to treasure them.

"Meguru?" you called out as you lied down on the snow.

"What is it?" he called back.

"I love you!" you said and he went silent. So silent you were a little confused so you decided to get up to look at him and you saw something you thought you'd never see; a blushing Bachira.

Bachira was always happy, he was always smiling and endlessly cute, but sometimes you did wonder if he actually liked you romantically so to see him blushing made you unbelievably happy.