Chapter 3

༺❂༻

Making it back to the church, (Y/n) was finally done reviewing her spells.

"Seems like they're pretty powerful," she said as she closed her grimoire shut.

"Yes indeed, Deity Magic is super powerful on its own. Now paired with a grimoire, no other than the one and only Divine Grimoire, you'll be unstoppable." Hato said as he landed on (Y/n)'s shoulder.

"Hmm... It seems like I have a spell that will be able to give me wings, can you help me with that Hato? I'm not so sure how to fly in general." (Y/n) asked.

"Of course I'll help you! Why even ask, I'll always be here to help!"

"Just being polite I guess, now c'mon, let's go inside."

They headed inside the church, Hato went exploring each room while (Y/n) helped Sister and Father prepare the feast.

༺❂༻

Meanwhile with Asta & Yuno

༺❂༻
~flashback~

"Hey, that's mine," Yuno says as he reaches for his taken necklace.

"Give me back my earrings and necklace you jerk!" (Y/n) says with anger dripping in her voice.

"I'm just going to make some money out of this. Orphans like you from the slums shouldn't be carrying around things that are above their status." The man says.

As a creepy expression appears on his face he turns to us, "Magic is what makes the world go round. Do you want to have a magic battle with me and die?"

Asta came rushing in as (Y/n) and Yuno sat there in the snow, cowering in fear.

"Whoa!" The man yelled, "what's with this kid?"

"Those belong to Yuno and (Y/n)! Give them back!" Asta shouts as he rushes towards the man.

"Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands, slum rat!"

"ASTA!" (Y/n) cried out as she tried to limp to Asta's side.

"I'm not done yet! You're not getting rid of me like that! I'm not giving in!" Asta, bruised and bloody try's to stand up, "I'm still standing..."

"FINE!!! You can have them back!!" the man throws their jewelry into the snow and quickly runs away hoping not to be caught.

"T-Thank you Asta." (Y/n) says on the verge of tears.

"Thanks, Asta. Are you alright?" Yuno asks.

"Alright." Asta begins to get back up, trying not to collapse this time, "then I'll just go prove it. We may be poor; we may be orphans; we may have very little magic power... but we can still stand on top of the world."

Asta turns towards Yuno and (Y/n),  (Y/n) trying to dry her tear-stained face. "I'm going to become the Wizard King." Asta had a huge grin on his face, even though he was bruised and bloody he still managed to smile.

"Me too," Yuno says, "I'll become Wizard King too!"

"Really? Ok, then we'll do it together. I don't want to see (Y/n) cry like that again, so we'll protect her! Together!"

~end of flashback~
༺❂༻

"He's- Asta is my rival!!" Yuno shouts.

"I'M NOT DONE!"

"Ugh," the man whose name is Revchi said.

"Sorry for the unsightly display there Yuno. Give me a second." Asta continued, "I'm going to beat this guy!"

As Asta said that, a dirty old grimoire came out of the sky, floating right in front of his face.

The book opened and Asta pulled out a rusted black sword out of it.

Asta had a dark presence, like a demon's presence.

With Asta dealing one final blow to Revchi sending him back into the stone wall creating an indent, and the battle was over.

"Hell freakin' yeah!!!" Asta's eyes sparkled as he held his grimoire close to his heart, "I don't know where you came from, but I got my very own grimoire."

Tears start to stream down his face, happy tears.

"You're beaten up like hell, but I'll take good care of you!!"

Walking up to Asta, Yuno started to speak, "Asta, you saved me again. One day I'll pay you back for your help."

"Do you remember our pledge?"

"I need to hear from you that you haven't forgotten."

Placing their fists together they say what they have said years ago their pledge, "Let's see which one of us becomes the Wizard King!!"

༺❂༻
ayo, i'm back with another chapter

i hope you enjoyed this one, i would have posted it earlier if it wasn't for school getting in the way 😅

thanks @SapphiresNguyen for the first comment on me story