Chapter 11

༺❂༻

They soon all returned to their base. Noelle and Asta with Magna on the Crazy Cyclone and (Y/n) flying right beside them on her broomstick.

"You guys got beat up real good over there huh." Captain Yami asked them, "the Wizard King has approved of our action! And blessed us with a star!"

Captain Yami had a gold star in his hand which flew to the wall filling in an empty black space.

"Alright! Now we have exactly negative 30 stars!"

Negative? This is sure a rowdy bunch of fools. Even though they were fools, (Y/n) liked their spirit as a whole. It felt nice being in such a carefree area.

"Ah, it's because we destroyed a whole last town on our last mission..."

"Now we are exactly 100 stars away from becoming equal with the Golden Dawn!"

"And now here's your pay for the month!!"

A bag of money was handed to (Y/n). She opened it to inspect the amount it held. In her eyes, it was quite a bit, but statistically, it wasn't much at all.

"WHOOOOAAAA!!! ITS MONEYYYY!!!" Asta exclaimed.

"What a small amount." Noelle blatantly said.

"Congratulations on reviving your first payment~" Vanessa gushed. "Since you have some money now, let's go to the castle town for shopping!! I'll bring you along since I'm free right now!"

༺❂༻

The castle town of Kiga was bustling. It was full of wonder for the two quote on quote "peasants". More for Asta than (Y/n) though.

They made it to an alleyway that looked like a dead end.

Vanessa took one step into the wall and she was gone.

"This way! This way!" She gestured towards them to come her way.

The Black Market.

"This place might be a little dangerous. However, there are many useful and great items that can only be obtained around here."

"Hey Vanessa," Vanessa's attention was drawn to (Y/n), "I'm going to go off on my own and look for stuff. Don't worry, I'll be perfectly fine. I have Hato if I were to get lost."

"Oh okay," she replied, "just make sure you stay safe, have fun!"

And (Y/n) was off. Looking all around the black market for anything interesting.

And there she was, at a stand where a lady held, (Y/n) was scanning each and every book the lady was selling. None of them were what she had ever encountered before. All of them were brand new to her, all stored with new information from one page to the next.

"Hmmmm... I'll take these ones." (Y/n) pointed to around 10 books that she had gathered in a pile.

"Huh? That's a lot miss! I'll give you a discount then!" The lady was shocked that someone was actually going to buy her books.