Chapter 9

༺❂༻

Magna began showing (Y/n) and Asta the Black Bull's hideout. Introducing them to every room and even the dungeon where Yami's wild beasts were.

Once the tour was over, they looked towards the entrance to see a girl with silver hair walk in.

"Asta, (Y/n), this is your equal. She's is also one who got admitted to the Black Bulls this year." Magna said.

Seems like this squad has 3 new members this year. (Y/n) thought, that'll be interesting.

"Really?!?" Asta said in surprise, "I'm Asta from Hage village. Let's work hard as aim for our separate goals." Asta had sparkles in his eyes.

As he stretched out his hand waiting for the sliver-haired girl to shake it, she slapped it away.

"Who gave you permission to speak to me?"

Oh, so it's an arrogant noble I see. Why do they all have a somewhat superiority complex. (Y/n) thought.

"You little insect with a scant of magic power! I am Noelle Sliva, of this country's royal line." She said.

And per usual, I'm correct. She is a noble. (Y/n) tried her best not to roll her eyes.

Asta went onto his knees and began apologizing to the girl.

"Foolish low born, are words too difficult for you to understand?" Spoke Noelle.

Well maybe Asta, but definitely not me. That's for sure. (Y/n) thought.

"Then I'll make you understand with the overwhelming difference in magic power."

Noelle began to cast a water spell which was intended to hit Asta, but (Y/n) used her mana to make a shield to block it.

Even though it was intended to hit Asta which was right next to (Y/n), the water swerved and hit Magna making him crash into the wall.

༺❂༻

After that whole ordeal was over, Magna went to show Asta his room while one of their squadmates which was Vanessa, showed (Y/n) her room.

"I know it isn't much but here it is," Vanessa said as she leaned on the door frame. "Quite shabby isn't it?"

"I think it's quite nice." (Y/n) stated as she walked towards the desk. Gliding her finger over it seeing how much dust there was on it.

"Hm?"

"I didn't have much back in Hage, so just a space for myself is wonderful. Even if it might be old and dusty."

"Well then, welcome to the squad." Vanessa began to leave, "goodnight now, see you in the morning."

"You too," (Y/n) responded as she began to sit down at the desk.

"Hato, you up?" She opened to grimoire to see that Hato was indeed awake.

"Yep!" He stretched a bit before he began speaking again, "seems like you have chosen the Black Bulls. Didn't see that one coming."