one

"Hey, what do you have?" you ask Dylan, Tracy and Doug's little one-year-old boy, after seeing the glimmer in the light from whatever he has clutched in his hand. You were helping Tracy clean up after his birthday party now that everyone has left, but Doug pulled her aside to talk about something so that left you and your adorable nephew alone for a few minutes. But, after your question, he immediately runs, of course, making you have to run after him.

"Dylan! Let auntie see what it is!" you say, quickly catching up to him and picking him up, your eyes widening when you see Tracy's wedding ring on his little fingers.

"Ta-ta, please-"

You gasp when he throws it across the room, quickly putting him down and rushing over to the stove that you think it rolled under.

"Dylan, your dad is going to kill me," you say, kneeling down to try and look under it, sticking your hand under to try and feel around.

"And what exactly did you do that would lead to me killing you?" you hear Doug ask, your head snapping up to see him in the doorway, looking between you and Dylan with a smirk on his face.

"I-um..."

"What are you looking for, (y/n)?"

"Tracy's wedding ring," you nearly whisper, Doug rolling his eyes at you.

"Well it couldn't have gone far, now could it?" he asks, walking over to move the stove, revealing the ring underneath. You quickly pick it up, Doug pushing the stove back in its spot.

"Did you take mommy's ring?" Doug chuckles, picking Dylan up in his arms. He's such a good dad, and seeing Tracy and Doug interact with Dylan gives you the worst baby fever.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on him for a minute. You obviously did so well," Doug jokes, grabbing the ring from your hand before you give him the finger.

"And that's exactly why we use auntie and uncle Phil as role models on what not to do," Doug coos, you laughing at your brother as Tracy walks back into the room.

"Dylan found a little something for you," Doug smirks, kneeling in front of her to hold out the ring, just like he was proposing for the first time.

"Oh my God! I took it off to do dishes, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry," she says, letting Doug slip in back onto her finger before he stands back up.

"Don't worry about it," he smiles, pulling her in for a kiss. You hadn't even noticed your smile begin to fade as you imagined that being you and Phil, your eyes wandering to the floor in front of you. But, Doug quickly noticed, sighing softly as he already knows the reason why.

"Hey," he says, kneeling in front of you.

"What?" you ask, trying to play it off like you hadn't just got caught sulking.

"You waiting for Phil to pop the question?" he asks, sitting on the floor in the kitchen across from you. Tracy walks over, sitting next to Doug and taking Dylan from his arms. Phil was about to walk into the room when he heard his name mentioned, freezing in his spot from around the corner.

"I don't know. I can't be upset because we never actually talked about it, that's partially on me. I don't even know if he wants to get married. And I wouldn't want to rush him into anything. I just see you two, and then I see Stu and Lauren, and I feel-almost... jealous? It's stupid, I know," you sigh.

"It's not stupid, (y/n). It's most girl's dreams to get married. I think, if you both love each other enough, you'll decide on something that will make you both happy. I think you have to talk to him," she says.