Chapter 1: The Arrival of A New Nation

The ball of fire spiralled onto the land, its dark-orange flames drifting behind it: the prophecy had come true; for the first time since the creation of the world, a new hero would be summoned... or, more specifically, heroes. It had been prophesied by the grand wizards of old that one day, in the distant future, the gods would bring forth a fire to scorch the land; in its place, however, would rise a new land, the Land of Warriors. To be specific: a nation of great warriors and craftsmen would be brought forth from a distant continent; in the rise of this new nation, a great war will begin, one more bloody than any other.

When the ball of fire nearly reached the grassy land, it let out a deafening boom!—one so loud that almost every country on the Trafane continent heard it; and, with a sizzle, the ball of fire broke; its flames spread across the land, torching everything in sight. Within minutes, everything (trees, animals, houses) had all been burned to ash, never to be seen again. The fire dwindled slightly as the night went on, creating a light show for the world to see—and, with the riveting smell of cattle, wood and plant life concocting in the air, the fire suddenly stopped, simmering down into nothing. Over the land covered in black smut appeared the 'Land of Warriors' in an instantaneous flash.

It was far larger than the land could hold, with it expanding the continent outward nearly a thousand miles. At the edge of the country waved a flag, crinkled and deformed from the wind: a striped flag (red and blue) with a large blue square in the corner; inside the square was 50 stars neatly placed side by side.

***

The Great Empire of Oplar had been the dominant power within the Trafane continent for nearly 300 years; the main source of this power had been their military might: over 100,000 cavalry units, 10,000 magicians and 20,000 infantry; with such a humongous army, it's no wonder every other nation coward in fear at the sight of their extravagant flag: a white background with the coat of arms plastered in the middle, a throne with a crown above it and two knights proudly standing beside it.

The Grand Wizards (who ranked second to nobles) called on the Senate to discuss the noise they had heard the night before. The Senators, men who were personally chosen by the king to represent each province, would always meet inside the king's palace when called. The meeting room had a wide, circle-shaped, stone-cut seating area for the Senate. In front of them was the King, wearing six layers of purple and yellow clothing that loosely fitted over his fat body; a jewel-encrusted, gold crown rested on his head. Standing before the King was a short, stubby man with a scrappy beard, wearing purple robes; this man went by the name Ezax. Within the last few years, he had become the most powerful and prominent member of the 10 Grand Wizards.

"Your Majesty!" he said, "you must hear this!—last night, countless witnesses say they heard a thunderous noise; not only that but many more have said that a godly light had blinded them... that can only mean one thing—"

"What would that be?" the king said, unintentionally snorting; "could it be the work of the Elves? Or maybe—" Ezax interrupted the king, saying:—

"It is far different, your Majesty." He gulped, both in nervousness and excitement. "You've heard about the prophecy? The one about how a nation would be summoned by the gods just before war struck?"

"Yeah, what—" the king's calm expression switched to one of realization; his eye's had grown fifty times larger; he sucked in his fat stomach, attempting the best he could to lean forward; "you don't think..." he said, his professional domineer crumbling; from it arose a frantic look, much like a little kid. Ezax said:—

"I'm afraid I do, your Majesty. Indeed, all the signs are there, the light, the noise that shook the entire world... perhaps we should send out some soldiers to investigate?"

"Are you crazy?" the king retorted. "If the prophecy is true, then this must be a nation comprised of only warriors. They probably train every young man to serve in the military; even we don't do that. It's only a matter of time before we upset them, and lose everything we've spent the last 600 years working for; we have to make peace as soon as possible. No military aggression is allowed, you hear me?" Each Senator nodded their head, with some scoffing under their breath.