Prologue

Fire. Fire is all you see as it burns down the Nekomata Village that you've lived in since birth. You are running past burning houses and buildings while nekos all around you scream in agony. You look up at the sky while still running and see fallen angels flying above the disintegrating village, as they throw down light spears and mercilessly kill innocent nekos. You start to tear up and cry from seeing the horror all around you. You keep on running as fast as you little legs can move, until you hear a familiar voice.

???? (crying): S-somenone!!! H-help!!!

You stop running, tears still streaming down your face, and you look over to where the voice came from. You are shocked to see your nest friend, Koneko, trapped under some debris that fell on top of her.

Y/N (cries): Koneko!!!!

You run over to Koneko and quickly remove the debris. After a couple seconds, Koneko is able to free herself and stands up. Koneko starts balling out while hugging you tightly.

Koneko (cries): Y/N!!!! I glad you're here!!!!

Y/N (cries): I'm glad your here too.

The 2 of you keep on hugging, until a nearby explosion scares the both of you. You immediately grab Koneko's hand and start running with her.

Y/N: Come on! It's not safe her anymore!

Koneko: O-ok.

You and Koneko start to run to the edge of the village, which was on the border of some dense woods. As you and Koneko continue to run, light spears thrown by the fallen angels land all around you and exploded, which releases large fires at start to burn down the remaining buildings. Koneko starts to cry again from the horror around her while you start to tear up while having a pissed off look on your face.

Y/N (angry, thoughts): Why. Why!? I just want to live in peace with my friends and family!!

You and Koneko make it to the edge of the woods, but you both screech to a stop when a light spear crashes in front of the both of you. The light spear explodes apon hitting the ground, and the force of the explosion sends you and Koneko flying back a couple feet. The both of crash into the ground. You slowly sit up and see Koneko slowly sit up as well. Suddenly, the both of you hear a voice, and look up to see a fallen angel as he grins at the 2 of you.

Fallen angel (grins): How lucky I am to have 2 more nekos to torture!

You look glare at the fallen angel while Koneko yells.

Koneko (yells): Why!? Why are you and the other fallen angels doing this!?

Fallen angel: It's simple really. You nekomatas are an inferior species to the 3 factions. Your race is useless and will never be useful to use in any way. Now then, I hope you enjoy your last few moments together.

Koneko looks helplessly at the fallen angel as he summons a light spear. You begin to think of all the memories you've made in this village. That's when a decision pops up into your head. You look at Koneko while she still stares helplessly.

Y/N: Koneko. Get out of here. I'll fight off the fallen angel.

Koneko immediately looks at you with a shocked face as tears start to stream down her face again.

Koneko (shocked): No! I'm not going to lose you like how we lost our parents to the fallen angels!

Y/N: Trust me, I'll be fine. I'll buy you some time to run away. And I promise that we will meet again in the future one day.

Koneko still has tears streaming down her face, but she gets up with a look of determination on her face.

Koneko: Alright Y/N. Please stay alive. And I'll keep our promise.

Koneko turns around and runs off into the dense woods. Meanwhile, you slowly get up and glare at the fallen angel.

Y/N: Now it's just you and me bird brain.

The fallen angel gets offended by your comment, then glares angrily at you.

Fallen angel (angry): You little brat! Fine! You just made your fate 10× worse!

The fallen angel summons 10 more light spears. You look horrified at the spears while the fallen angel has a smug look on his face.

Fallen angel (grins): Try to take these all on!

The fallen angel throws all the light spears at you. You try into a defense stance to try to deflect as many light spears away as you can, but before they reach you, a person jumps in.

????: Cross Combination!!

The person swings her sword fowarf and destroys all of the light spears flying towards you. You look in shock at the girl as she has lilac purple hair, light eyes, and wears a black and purple bodysuit that has blue markings on it. The fallen angel also looks at the girl in shock before he glares at her.

Fallen angel (angry): Who the hell are you!?

Girl: My name Purple Heart, and I'm hear to end you and your friends' terror on this innocent village.

Fallen angel (smirks): Really now? Then try to hit me with that sword.

Purple Heart charges forward at the fallen angel. You watch in awe as you've never seen anyone like Purple Heart before. You snap out of your trance when you hear another voice next to you.

????: Hey, are you alright?

You look over to see another girl, but this girl is wearing a white bodysuit that has purple marking on it. She also has long pink hair and light blue eyes just like Purple Heart. You blush a little before speaking.

Y/N: Yea, I'm fine.

Girl: That's good to know. Now run away as far as you can from here. Me and my big sis will handle this.

You nod your head before you smile.

Y/N: Thank you. Please be careful.

Girl (smiles): Don't worry. I will be. My name's Nepgear by the way.

Y/N (smiles): It's nice to meet you Nepgear. But I wish we were in better circumstances.

Nepgear: Me too, but for now start running. I hope we meet again one day.

Y/N: Me too.

You turn around and start running into the dense woods. As you do, you look back to see Purple Heart and Nepgear team up against several fallen angels. You look back in front of you as you have a serious look on your face.

Y/N (thoughts): I promise. I promise that I will train myself to become the strongest that I can be, and if anyone tries to mess with me because I'm a nekomata, then I show them why nekos should never be underestimated!

You have a determined smile on you face as you run deeper into the dense woods, as you plan yourself for your self training.

To be continued....

I hope you guys liked the prologue. I was actually able to get this out thanks to my schedule being spaced out. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see ya'll later. Bye.

I don't own any of these characters. They all belong to their respective owners. Thanks for reading.