| t h r e e |

there was a knock on your door and you stared at jeno who was sitting beside you on the couch, him giving you a small sheepish grin in return. a small sigh left you, you had a small suspicion of who it was already. it was most likely jaemin, you couldn't imagine anyone else visiting you right now, but at the same time jeno hadn't told you anything about him coming over. you crossed your fingers - you really hoped it wasn't jaemin, you wouldn't be able to take it if he decided to try and pick a fight with you. jeno lifted himself up from your couch and walked towards the door, just as the person knocked again, seemingly rather impatient. you rolled your eyes, leaning into the soft cushion.

"jeno, my man!" ah, there he was. your suspicions had been correct, na jaemin. if he acted the way he usually did whenever he was over after you and jeno had moved in, it would be no problem at all living with him. but for some reason you had a small feeling in your gut that he had went back to his old ways with his teasing. and you quickly concluded you gut feeling had been right.

"oh, look at you, cute chubby bunny, how are things?" he stood by the end of the couch, on the other side of where you were sitting, a wide grin on his face and his arms crossed. you held yourself back from sighing loudly at the boy, and instead you pulled out your phone. you were going to regret this, you were so going to regret ever agreeing to jeno's plan. instead of agreeing you should've just texted your studygroup.

"i see the pretty face is back to his old ways, huh?" a look of exhaustion appeared on jeno's face at the words that left you, your eyes still on your phone. jeno pinched the bridge of the nose, but jaemin grinned even wider. a small chuckle left jaemin then, causing you to feel one of your eyes twitch and you lifted your head to look at him. you mentally prepared yourself as you saw him open his mouth, "did you hear it? she called me pretty."

a smirk was plastered on his face, one you would abolutely love to punch the shit off. his words were obviously directed at jeno, but his eyes were looking straight into your own. you scowled at his words, "and it's the only pretty thing about you, love. your personality and everything else is horrendous." your mental preparation hadn't been enough as you snapped back at him quickly. jaemin laughed out loud, throwing his head back a bit before he hit jeno on the upperback.

"how do you know my other parts aren't pretty?" he raised his eyebrows at you quickly, and you saw jeno pull a face of disgust. you felt your jaw drop slightly at the inappropriate joke, and jeno swiftly grabbed jaemin by the back of the shirt to drag him through your apartment, jaemin's voice fading just the slightest bit as he was dragged away from you, "i saw the blush, bunny!" at jaemin's comment echoing from your hallway, your hand flew to your face, finally feeling the warmth erupting from your it. you scoffed. 

"what a cute little room you have, bunny!" jeno raised his eyebrows at his friend, who responded with nothing but a shrug and a grin. after jaemin had shouted those words, the sound of your feet quickly nearing reached their ears. 

"ya, don't go into my room you perv!" you pushed past jaemin to reach your doorknob and pulled it towards you, closing it shut. "you're the one thinking wrong thoughts, i simply complimented your room. perv."

"why are you even here? it's not like you haven't seen the apartment." you asked the question you had been meaning to ask ever since he walked in, and jaemin shrugged. a few seconds went by, and you saw jaemin shift his weight from one leg to the other before he spoke up, "i just wanted to really feel the vibe, you know? see if it feels like home, you know?"

you shook your head at his words, and jeno copied your actions, a small hesitant smile on his lips. you turned around on your heel, planning to leave the boys alone and hopefully keep yourself from getting a headache, when jaemin spoke up again.

"i heard you were the one who was in the lead when designing the flat." at his words you raised your eyebrows, turning your head so you could look at him. then you nodded, turning away from him again and beginning to walk away, "yeah, i was."

it was a mumble, and you hoped he'd continue looking at the apartment with jeno instead of annoying you. unfortunately for you, he followed you back through the halls towards the kitchen, leaving jeno alone in the hall to pinch the space between his eyes. 'what the hell was jaemin doing?' were the only words echoing in jeno's head in that moment.

"interesting. you have weird taste." you squeezed your eyes shut at his words, but decided to keep walking towards the kitchen, not turninge to him even as you mumbled back, "you probably have no taste so fuck off."

after those words had left you, you opened up your fridge, taking out your milk to make a good old cup of latte. you could really use that right now. as you walked around the kitchen the pest of a man, jaemin, looked at you, his body leaning against the doorway. a dreamy sigh left him as he spoke up again, "i missed these feuds, bunny."

"i didn't, so go check out the rest of the place and leave me alone with my coffee." you started your coffee maker as you mumbled that. you didn't see it, but jaemin's eyes widened along with his grin, "ah, a coffee drinker! i personally love coffee too! what's your favorite type?"

"jeno, come get your pet." at that jaemin frowned, but since you were standing with your back to him, you didn't see it. he cleared his throat, and you finally turned around, a cup of latte in your hand now. he walked up to the kitchen island, leaning forwards on his forearms. he puckered his lips and looked around, making it look like he was thinking deeply about something before he got eye contact with you again. he smirked slightly as he spoke, "you should be nice to me, after all, my decision whether or not to move in will determine whether or not you get a new roommate in time for when jeno moves out."

the two of you stared at each other for some time, and jeno appeared in the doorway, watching the two of you staring holes into each other's eyes. jeno saw you sigh and you took a sip of your drink, hating to admit to yourself that he indeed was correct.

"latte."

jaemin pulled a face of disgust, only causing you to raise your eyebrows. you could drink black coffee, sure, you just enjoyed latte more.

"bleugh, too sweet and too much milk. i don't do diary." jaemin explained to you and you nodded, mumbling one single word into your cup as you took another sip of your favorite coffee drink, "weak."

it looked like jaemin was about to say something else as he opened his mouth but jeno quickly stepped into the kitchen to keep you from killing each other even before jaemin had even moved in. jeno had seen from the way jaemin had pointed a finger at you and straightened his back that he was about to talk back. jeno spoke up before jaemin could, "jaemin, do you want to see the rest of the apartment or continue flirting with y/n?"

never had you ever sent your best friend a glare as deadly as the one you sent him after he had said that. jaemin scoffed at jeno's words and you flipped the latter off as well, only earning a small snicker from him.

"jeno, watch it or i'll hit you." jeno laughed once again, skipping past jaemin before placing his hands on your shoulders. his smile reached his eyes as always, and his arms snaked around your body, trapping your arms against you, so you wouldn't be able to hit him if you wanted to. then jeno spoke up again, "i love you and all, but you don't land a very powerful hit."

"i'm not flirting with her, if i was, she'd already be begging for me." jaemin said with a little too much confidence and you felt your right eye twitch. you wiggled out of jeno's embrace to walk up to jaemin, and you poked his stomach rather hard.

"i will never beg for you." you made sure to drag out the 'never' as you said those words. jaemin leaned forward, you instinctively taking a step back because of the narrow space between you two, and the boy in front of you clicked his tongue at that.

"never say never, doll." jeno shivered at his best friend's words, quickly clapping his hands together and pulling your attention away from each other.

"so, jaemin, let me show you the bathroom."