CHAPTER 3 [EDITED]

A peaceful day in Liyue Harbour is just what I need. No hurlichurl sightings, no Fatui Agents knocking at my door, no cleaning Madame Ping’s Teapot. Just a peaceful day. I let my mind wander, while my feet walked wherever. Eventually, I ended up in front of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Venturing inside, I was met with the squeal of my name. 

“YUUUJIINNGGG! You’ve made it!”

“Mr. Zhongli, Childe. Fancy meeting you both here.” 

“Greetings, Yujing.” 

“Anyone fancy Xiangling’s Jade Parcels? I’ll pay.” 

“You bet!”

“Of course.” 

And thus, we began our descent to Wanmin Restaurant. 
Zhongli was talkative, yes. But he held great wisdom, and for that I respect him greatly. Childe on the other hand.. He pleasures himself on the battlefield. Never being able to stay still. Often, Childe finds Zhongli lectures boring, and tends to walk out. However, everytime Zhongli starts telling a story, or a lesson, I find myself entranced. He is well built, no doubt. His lack of mora being his only weakness. I quickly shake my head, and catch up to everyone else. 

We greeted Xiangling as we sat down, and I risked being burnt to hug Gouba. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Childe pout. 
“Why don’t I ever get hugs?” Childe fake pouted. 

“Because you aren’t worthy of them.” I stated firmly. 

“Yujing’s right Childe. You’d slice her to pieces if she tried.” 

I had to stifle my laugh. Childe? Beat me? As if. After Lumine left, Childe took it upon himself to find a new fighting companion. He heard about the rumors, and tried tracking me down. How we met is a story saved for later though. 

“However, I wouldn’t mind giving the walking encyclopedia a hug. He’s the reason we’re such good friends anyway!” 

“Sorry to interrupt your session, but you’re food’s here~! Enjoy it while it’s hot.” Xiangling then hurried back into the kitchen.

After a long debate of who’s paying, despite Childe’s declaration earlier, I ended up paying. 1000 mora is insignificant to me anyway. Plus, I had a good day. Childe’s failed attempt at using chopsticks only made it better. That was until a certain Fatui Mage clumsily slipped a piece of paper into my room at night.