Chapter 1

8 years later I was a I5 year old girl who had a dad, a stepmom and a friend who was a boy. Well my step-mom was still my stepmom but you know what my dad and her changed. I mean granted that they were both two crazy people in love who wanted nothing more to do with me. One night it was almost midnight and my dad and Elizabeth were not home but I didn't know that they were going to not come home.

Early that day; I was hanging out with my grandma. I usually went to her house when my stepmom didn't feel like always feel like teaching me on certain days so I just went to hang out with my grandma. I would help remind her things that she would typically forget. Which was fun to do on occasion. I spent most of my time with my grandma. My best friend Nathan was the only other person I actually cared to spend my time with. My grandma adore him, I think she adored him more them me. Which was okay because he was an awesome friend. I walked home with him and dropped him off at his house. Then I went to the gas station to grab a quick microwavable dinner. That was my typical dinner most days but it was occasional that my grandma gave dinner because I was tired of microwavable food. That day I decided to stay at grandma's for dinner.

"My sweet Amelia, I love you dearly but don't you want to go home to your family? I will walk you to the bus stop and then walk back to the house"

"Alright Grandma but you know you can call me Mia right."

I walked with my Grandma to the bus stop and then I started to walk toward my dimly lit house. I wondered why know one was home but I wasn't concerned because they usually didn't come home till midnight or later. I just assumed it was normal and decided to just continue on the dark pathway onto my front porch. I found out it odd that the front door was locked which I found odd because my stepmom usually told my dad not to worry about the door. When I walked in I found a note which also concerned me.

My Dearest Mia,

I understand that it has been tough not fully having a father around for so long. I was waiting for your 18th birthday but Elizabeth thought that it would be better to do it now rather then later. I just wanted you to know why I had to do this. Elizabeth and I adopted twins, I was hesitant but I decided it was the right thing to do. We moved to Miami, with the twins so they could have a better life. I forward this letter to Grandma to so she will pick up and understand why we moved and why we sold the house. I know that I was a jerk so that is why you can move in with either Grandma or one of your friends. Please forgive me! Your Grandmother has my contact information

Love, Dad

Jonah Morgans

I started to notice the tears start to fall down my cheek. I quickly brushed the tears off my cheek. I ran upstairs to my dimly lit room. I quickly packed up my bags and ran to my grandma's house. My grandma came outside and I ran into her arms. My grandma gave me a comforting hug and understood my crying.

"Why don't you have Nathan and Ella over tomorrow"

My grandma tells me. I nod yes politely for lack of being able to speak.

"Grandma, I'm going to get some sleep and set up my room for a more long term set-up."

She walked me upstairs and tucked me into bed like I was a seven year old girl. She whispered to me that she loved me and promised to take care of me forever. The last thing I remember from that night was falling asleep in my grandma's arms. I wake up to the smell of my grandma's freshly baked pancakes. I quickly grab pajama's throw them on and run down the stairs. I grab the stair railing to attempt to not fall. As I walk, as calmly as I can into the kitchen I hear the chuckling sound of my grandma's laugh.

"Good Morning Mia" She says in a peachy tone which sounded way AAmore comforting then she did the night before.

"Good Morning" I said in the most cheerful tone I could given the events that happened in the last 24 hours of my life. I quickly and quietly pulled up a chair and started rapidly consuming her pancakes. She exchanged a weird look at me but that quickly turned into a subtle smile. My phone vibrated on top on the countertop. I didn't want to be rude but I quietly picked up my phone and saw it was a text from Nathan.

Messages:

Nathan: Hey Mia, your grandma texted me. Be over in ten minutes! 😀

I looked over at my grandma suspiciously but I knew that she only did it because she cared about. I knew that he was her favorite of all my friends. After I finish cleaning up my dishes from breakfast, I heard Nathan's best friend knock on my grandma's door. I quickly ran over to the door and open it.

"Mia your hairs a mess. I know I am your best friend but it doesn't matter you still have to look presentable"

"Nice to see you too Nate" I say in a sarcastic tone. Instead of worrying about my hair I jump into his arm for the biggest hug I could ever receive. While hugging him, I felt my pocket start to vibrate.

Messages:

Ella: Hey M, B there in 10-E

I tell Nathan about the message from Ella and he almost suffocated me with joy. We quickly grab Ella when she enters the door. Nathan quickly picks up my best friend and throws her into my grandma's pool. While I am busy laughing he does the same to me. He then quickly jumps into the ice cold pool and almost lands on top of me and Ella. While they were laughing I noticed a change in Nathan when Ella got there. It was almost like they had been hanging out without me and that they had some kind of special connection.