Chapter 2

As I wished my friends good-bye, I noticed them stand outside my door and start to hear whispering;

"Ella, I can't keep hiding this from her. She has been through enough. We are her best friends"

"Nathan, just wait a little longer. We don't even know what this is!"

Those are the words that destroyed me. I slam the door of my window shut and notice they look up at me. I quickly run over to my bed and start crying. It was at times like this that I wish my mom was still alive. I hear my grandma drop the grocery's and run upstairs. She doesn't speak, she just sits on the bottom of my bed and allows me to lean on her arm. I rush to through my phone as far as my I can, but my grandma quickly stops me. I feel like the two closest people I had left stabbed me in the back. I looked over to my grandmother, who had a look of guilt across her face.

"Did you know?" I said in a tone never used before, at least not around her. She neglected to answer my question, so I repeated it sounding more agitated then before.

"DID YOU KNOW"

"I had my suspicions but what just occurred outside confirmed them."

"So you had suspicions this whole time and didn't feel the need to tell me."

"Sweetheart, why is this bothering you so much? They are your best friends, don't you support them?"

"Of course I support them. I--I just wish they told me instead of sneaking around behind my back."

My grandmother doesn't say anything else. She just stands there and brings me in to a warm comforting hug. She then left the room to give me some time to myself. It was at this point I noticed that I wasn't supportive of them. When we formed the trio, we established a rule that we wouldn't date each other cause that could destroy our friendships. They broke that rule. I had mass thoughts of frustration running through my head. I wasn't typically a jealous person either but I decided that enough was enough. Some way, some how I had to get revenge. That is exactly when I figured out how to do it. I remembered Noah mentioning to me a couple weeks ago that he was hosting a party tonight for his whole school. I put on a dress, that I had completely forgotten I owned. I walked down the stairs and saw the look of awe in my grandmother's face. I quickly posted on Instagram just to show my friends what they had coming.

 I quickly posted on Instagram just to show my friends what they had coming

miajones: be careful what you wish for✨

rylandstorms: damn shawty

lilhuddy: jaw dropped

user2: wait she knows them^^

user4: living for these comments

"I'm proud your going out sweetheart. Don't do something that you will regret."

"Bye grandma. I don't know when I'll be back so don't wait up"

~At the party~

I walked into Noah's house and suddenly felt all eyes staring in on me. I hadn't been to one of Noah's parties until I dropped out of school. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a guy who looked relatively close to my age and decided to walk over to him.

"Can I help you" He said sounding kind of agitated but instantly rejected it which was abundantly clear from the look he gave after.

"My name's Mia. What's yours?"

"My names Chase. I apologize for my behavior before I just saw this girl I really like with another guy."

"What's her name? Maybe I can help you out"

"Ella."

Once the word came out of his mouth I felt a rush of pain spread through my body.

"Well, she was one of my best friends. Until her and my other friend Noah decided to start dating behind my back and neglect to tell me."

"Ouch. I'm so sorry. Wait I have an idea. Call me crazy but we if we start faking dating as a way to show them that we aren't jealous and give them a taste of their own medicine."

I hesitated briefly before replying to him. This would be the perfect way to get my revenge even if it is an awful way of doing it. But technically they made the first move, so I'm fighting fire with fire.

"I'm in" I said looking into his beautiful hazel eyes. I glanced over and saw Noah and Ella on their way down the stairs. I leaned in and then kissed Chase and he kissed me back. I felt butterflies in my stomach in a way that no guy has even made me feel before. We then break apart after about two seconds which felt like forever.

"Thanks" I whispered into his ear.

"No problem, love" he whispered into mine. I then hear the sound of shattering glass. I turn around and see Noah charging at Chase but I step in front to prevent Noah from punching him.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HER EVER AGAIN" I could see the look of tension and nervousness on Chase's face and the frustration in Noah's. That's when I decided to speak my mind.

"YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON WHO GET'S TO TELL ME WHO TO DATE WHEN YOUR SNEAKING AROUND WITH MY BEST FRIEND. You know how painful it was to find out by you guys whispering outside my door. Well it sucked and yeah I get your upset but I am my own person and I chose who I date. Don't talk to me, both of you at least for a little bit." Those were the last words that came out of my mouth before I started bursting out into tears. I felt arms wrap around me as I was slowly guided into a quiet room. I look up to see it was Chase. That was when I made a decision. I looked up into his beautiful hazel eyes and ran my hand through his soft brown hair, and then leaned in and kissed him. I fully expected him to push away but he returned the kiss passionately making me feel like the only girl in the world.

"What was that for?" He said breaking apart from the kiss.

"I know we said this was just a game but I think I'm falling for you" I noticed his eyes widen with excitement. He didn't reply back, he just leaned in and kissed me again in the most passionate way ever. I picked up my phone and texted my grandma.

Mia- Hey grandma, I'm ok and ill be back in the morning

GMAMA Rose- That's fine honey, be careful

Next thing I know, I fell fast asleep cuddling with the most adorable floppy haired boy ever.