Two Steps Back

Three

Two Steps Back

"Gamera would totally beat Godzilla!" Kai exclaimed.

"Godzilla's a classic, though," said Cole. "And he's a classic cuz he beats every adversary he runs across. Gamera, on the other hand, dies every time and has to come back to life by kids clapping their hands like a fairy."

Nya laughed. "He's got ya there, Kai."

"But then again, maybe it's just cuz Gamera fights tougher villains. Like Guiron with the blade face," Kai shrugged.

"So have we changed it to who is more powerful Guiron and Rodan?" asked Zane raising a brow.

Before Zane could get an answer, Jay added his two cents, "Well, would Godzilla be able to beat that Bowser-spinning shell flying attack?"

"Godzilla breathes fire too," said Nya. "How 'bout if both Gamera and Godzilla faced the Megalodon?"

"If those kids were clapping for Gamera maybe they could," Cole teased.

"I'm not sure I understand, Cole," said Zane. "The children do not clap their hands to revive Gamera. They just believe in him."

"That's what he means, Zane," said Nya patting him on the shoulder.

Taking a break from training, all of the students were perched about in odd places along the walls, except for Jay who was leaning his head backwards over the arm of the couch.

"Well, if Gamera and Godzilla were in the water, I would say that even together they probably would not stand a chance against the Megalodon," Zane said.

"Agreed!" said Cole taking a sip of his soda as he leaned against Zane's shoulder.

"How 'bout Gamera verses Smaug?" suggested Jay leaning further back along the couch.

"Hey," said Lloyd coming in around through the front door instead coming out the way he had come. "Training over already?"

"It's called a break," teased Nya.

"We were just relaxing and deciding which monster is the strongest in leisurely conversation," Zane explained. "We agreed that the Megalodon would probably defeat both Gamera and Godzilla together in battle, but we did not reach a decision about Gamera versus Godzilla. We are now changing it to Gamera versus Smaug."

"Well, just one on one, it would probably be Smaug," said Cole.

"But what about those clapping kids you were talking about?" asked Kai innocently.

"Smaug," said Jay.

"Smaug," said Nya.

Jay grinned.

Kai shook his head. "But we're not talking about coolness level or special effects. If they made Gamera just as digitally awesome and he and Smaug had a dual who would win?"

"Wouldn't Gamera, because he's the hero?" offered Lloyd with a wry grin despite himself.

Kai pointed to Lloyd. "See, see? Lloyd's with me." He grabbed him around the shoulder.

"Actually, Lloyd does pose an interesting point," said Zane. "If we are basing these things on the rules of the franchises they both exist in, Smaug could not win the battle, because he is the villain of the movie, and Gamera is not allowed to lose a fight even when he is virtually defeated to the point of death."

"Aww, c'mon, doesn't that take the fun out of it?" laughed Cole. "We mean monster verses monster, one on one fight, one power versus another. Besides, in the first Gamera movie, he's pretty much a villain in my book."