27- 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔄𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔰𝔦𝔫

♚S C A R L E T T E♚

♚S C A R L E T T E♚

I stare intently at the high schooler in the ring as he delivers punches to his opponent using techniques that even I used to struggle with. I'm in complete awe. The way he delivers his kicks is elegant and flawless. Like a katana sharp and precise.

I have to fight this guy, I'm excited to fight him not only am I amazed at his fighting techniques but he's definitely got a body too.

He seems like he would be attractive.

Wait-wait what am I doing I'm not here to check him out and I don't have time for any relationships. To be honest I don't think anyone would be able to handle me anyway.

While the fight still goes on I can't shake the feeling that he seems familiar.

While I'm deep into thought out of the corner of my eye I see Amelia rush back with 2 Gatorades. One of them orange and one of them being the blue raspberry flavor.

She takes a seat next to me and takes a couple of deep breaths like she had been running before gesturing the Gatorade to me.

"Hey I got you a drink," she says keeping the orange one while holding out the raspberry flavor.

"Thanks", I say my eyes never leaving the mysterious stranger in the ring. My eyes are unable to leave his although I noticed his eyes were similar to mine. like they've been through hell and back.

I take a quick sip of the ice-cold blue Gatorade and swish it in my mouth to cool it down because of my sensitive teeth and turn my attention back to him.

his eyes were distant and wandering. They were like raging storms, that were not calm. I could tell that his eyes were always like that not just when he's fighting. A guard that never falls. almost like he could never let his guard down.

I wanted to know who he was.

"Hey um, Amelia do you have any idea who that guy is", I say my eyes still on him as he continues to deliver precise kicks and punches.

"Who,...oh you mean the "black Assassin," she says putting down her Gatorade.

"The black what!?", I say now facing her and looking at her in shock and amusement.

Assassins kill people so why would he even go by that Is it some type of joke.

"You know there's a reason he got that name-" she says staring at the ring.

"Huh what do you mean?", I say with confusion and curiosity while cutting her off eager to know.

"He used to go by his old name when he first started out but I totally forgot what it was, anyways there was an incident where he came in one day looking like a literal mess.", she said.

"A mess?" I questioned.

"Yeah he had dark circles under his eyes and based on what I remember he must've been having a bad day, a guy from one of the nearby colleges had been taunting him since he arrived and pissing him off he seemed like one of those people who were all talk and basically the black assassin eventually snapped before they even got the chance to get in the ring," she said excitingly like it was drama she had been waiting to spill.

"That still doesn't explain the name black Assassin", I said full of curiosity and confusion.

"Well get this, the guy was beaten up so badly that he was put in a coma and temporarily paralyzed from the waist down after he came out of it. poor guy had to learn how to walk again. the Black Assassin was suspended for 3 days after that since the incident attracted the police because he apparently wanted to sue", she said while lost in thought.

I was a bit shocked but for the most part, I was impressed. A high schooler doing that much damage is not easy. I had no sympathy for that other bitch who had been pissing him off in my opinion he was basically begging him to be hospitalized.

"Hold on, I'll be right back", she says quickly rushing out of the arena.

I turn my attention towards the fight and it's already over.

The mysterious stranger is heaving up and down while the other opponent is face down on the floor with a twisted arm and visible bruises littered on the lower parts of his body.

I focus on the only man wearing the dark mask and my curiosity grows, even more, I wanna know more about whoever he is.

I study his face and features and as he is leaving the ring our eyes lock. He hops off the ring swiftly and continues to stare until he stops like a deer in headlights his green eyes widening visibly through his black mask.

I know I've seen those eyes before.

he walks towards me increasingly picking up his pace drawing attention to himself from the other fighters seated around me. I keep eye contact with him confusion written all over my face. Why the hell is he coming over here.

"Ay assassin congrats on that win, you were a beast", one of the fighters around me said.

He completely ignored the guy and still kept walking straight towards me, my eyes never leaving his as I start to feel my heart hammer in my chest. He's incredibly tall and intimidating the closer he gets.

me Scarlette Russo? get intimidated...Never

He reaches where I'm seated and I can hear the other fighters behind me gossiping with glee.

"Scarlette we need to talk now", he says his voice colder than ice.

How the hell does he know my name

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yall the reason you couldn't read this chapter was because I published it too early and it was infinite, forgive me for giving you high hopes or disappointing you.

I feel like I owe you guys a new chapter quickly so dont worry I'll try and work harder this weekend since I don't have too much homework. Hope yall are enjoying this book and thanks for still being here reading the latest chapter.

Guess how many times I mentioned eyes in this chapter👀?