Chapter 3

About after Valt left the hospital...

Valt's P.O.V.

I'm not going to tell the Beyclub about the evidence, not yet. If I want them to believe it, I need to find the truth out by myself. I texted them.

>Beyclub

sry can't come 2day change of plans: Valt

mom needed my help :Valt

A flash of humor struck me, and I added jokingly,

no wakiya, not beybread for the murasaki house :Valt

Then I logged off. Where should I go to figure out the truth? I wondered. The first way that came to mind was Shu, but naturally he wouldn't tell me.

I grabbed a notebook and a pencil out of my backpack (Shu made me keep them in there). I began writing down anyone who had a motive to harm him in some way.

-Lui (hates Shu)

-Wakiya? (kept getting defeated by Shu)

I racked my brain for more, but I couldn't think of any more with a clear, possible potential goal. I knew it probably wasn't Wakiya, as rude as he is, but attacking someone seemed out of Lui's level too, though I wouldn't put anything past him.

I dropped my notebook, feeling more frustrated every second. Everyone had a grudge for each other in some way, but was any of them bitter enough to attack someone?

Might as well go home. Picking the notebook up and packing it in my bag, I left the hospital entrance, feeling defeated and annoyed.

"You're home!" Nika chirped. "I made some Beybread for you," Mom called. I dropped my bag, frustration gone, and raced towards the kitchen.

Beep. My phone buzzed with a text. Wakiya?

But it wasn't him, with a complaint. Nor was it Ken, Daigo, Honcho, or any of my friends. It was a new number.

>Theo and Alex

Theo and Alex: Hi Valt

Theo and Alex: I want to talk.

Theo and Alex: Meet me in the woods at midnight on the nose.

Sorry this chapter is so short! It's mostly filler.