Chapter 3

As the sunrises in the sky, the light hit Shinsou's sleepy face through the window, causing the little boy to wake up. Opening his eyes slowly to adjust the light, sitting up rubbing his eyes. He pushed the blankets off his small body sliding off the bed. "Present Mic?" He called his name out. Despite his body's protest, Hizashi was as early to rise that morning as any; a tired smile on his face and a gentle hum filling the apartment, along with the smell of something cooking. Hearing the call of their hero name though, Hizashi paused, looking up from poking food around a pan. "Good morning, kiddo!" He called, his voice seemingly containing more energy this morning, then It had last night; They'd had about a cup and a half of coffee already, too though. "How'd ya sleep?" They questioned. Hearing them run from one room, and Into the kitchen, Hizashi carefully rested the spatula he was cooking on, on the clean countertop next to the stove. Shinsou ran over to Hizashi hugging his leg, "Best sleep I ever had." He Answered giving him a soft smile, He looked up at Hizashi's face noticing bags under his eyes. "Present Mic are you okay?" He tilted his head. They chuckled warmly, reaching down to gently pat the boy's head. Though, upon the question and the head tilt, Hizashi paused again; Chewing their cheek, but managing a smile. "Ah- I'm fine kiddo. These ain't anything to worry about." They added. Hearing Hizashi answered he wanted to be worried but if it's not a big deal then it's okay. The boy bend down and patted Goose head, "Good Morning Goose." He greeted before moving over to the couch, his attention moved on to the news seeing Hizashi's good friend fighting a group of villains. Hoping to assure them, Hizashi stretched his smile a little larger upon his face, and then went back to cooking, Shinsou gasped on excitement jumping. Hizashi hurriedly glanced over his shoulder though, upon hearing the little boy suddenly gasp; a brow lifted, as they pulled down some plates. "Everything okay over there?" He questioned. Shinsou pointed at the TV, "Long hair man fighting!" He said excitedly. He watched in amaze of the way he moved to dodge them. "I wanna scarf like that." He said jumping. Blinking with mild confusion, Hizashi carefully turned away from the stove top, and toward the TV; forcing any unease his expression may have held, to hide behind a grin. Chuckling gently, as he set the plates he'd grabbed down on the counter. "Well, In order to get one, you'd have to become a pro-hero kiddo; Support items are under some pretty strict laws." Hizashi explained gently. After hearing Hizashi's words, the boy's happy expression went to a frown. He never had hope of being a hero because of his quirk and no matter how many times he wants to everyone says he's fit for a villain. Shinsou walked over and sat down on the couch watching the fight. With the boy's expression turning to a frown, Hizashi grew worried; He wanted to do something, to assure them such a goal wasn't Impossible but, all they could offer was words.. Unless they wanted to possibly burn their breakfast, or the kitchen. "How do you prefer your eggs, Shinsou? Scrambled or as an omelet?" He offered, giving them a weak smile from the kitchen; He'd comfort them over breakfast, If they could. Shinsou's frown quickly disappeared into a smile. "Scrambled." He said, staring at the TV noticing The man wasn't using any quirk. Watching their smile return, Hizashi's own mood brightened up a touch; He gave them a nod, and then got to making their portion of breakfast. The newly cracked egg, sizzling as It's yolk hit the hot pan; After Hizashi slid his omelet onto his own plate, of course. "Present Mic, What's his quirk?" He asked, confused. Humming, when the next question came up; Hizashi smiled at the curiosity, as he was more than happy to provide answers. "Sho's quirk is Erasure; by glaring at an opponent, he can erase their quirk, with his own. They get their powers back, when he blinks though." Hizashi explained, using a sort of announcer style echo to his voice. After hearing this Shinsou eyes sparkle in surprise, "That's so cool! What's yours?" He was more interested in the topic. No matter what quirk someone has he gets happy. He stood up on the couch jumping. Catching a glimpse of that surprised and Interested sparkle In the boy's eyes, Hizashi's grin tugged a little higher on his cheeks; Still cooking, all while talking, and providing answers to the questions, to the best of his ability.